• twenty-four •

"No, I have the most powerful car!"

"Mine is the most powerfullest car!" Jimin confidently stood up, putting his hands on his hips as he glared towards Jungkook. The three had been happily getting along until the two youngest began to argue over who had the best space car. It started with them trying to one up each other on the special abilities of their toys (which of course weren't real) but now they were just flat out claiming to be the best.

Jin was sat awkwardly between the two, fingers running through the messy mane of one of his ponies. He had added his own touch to the game because space cars weren't exactly his favourite thing to play.

"Yours is boring," Jungkook shot up in his spot, crossing his arms and angrily looking at the boy.

Jimin dramatically gasped, "yeah? Well yours is pl - plain."

The two boys glared at each other as Jin looked between the two. The tension grew thick between them as they waited for someone to crack, to give in and admit that they didn't in fact have the best car.

"Maybe they're just special in their own ways?" Jin suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

"What?" Both Jungkook and Jimin said in unison.

"Mine is the coolest!" Jungkook stated as he climbed onto the bed, holding up his toy in the air with one hand on his hip. Jimin climbed onto the bed next to him, pushing him to the side to hold his own toy up.

"Mine is the amazingest!"

"Amazingest isn't a word," Jungkook grumbled as he looked at the boy, a frown beginning to etch its way over his lips. Jimin didn't like the sight and so dropped down on the bed, dragging Jungkook down with him. The two sat cross-legged, knees pressing against each other and Jimin's hands taking Jungkook's in his own.

"Fine. Your car can be the coolest and mine will be the amazingest."

Thinking over it for a moment, Jungkook decided that he liked that conclusion, "okay."

"Otay," Jimin agreed, nodding his head with a little smile over his lips. He and Jungkook hugged it out before returning the carpet on the ground and to Jin who had been patiently waiting for them to resolve things.

Just as the three were about to get back into their game, the partially ajar bedroom door was pushed open fully.

"Are you boys hungry?" Tae asked as he poked his head into the room. Jungkook jumped up from the ground and ran to his caregiver.

"Daddy, guess what."

"I'm your most favourite person in the world?"

"Yeah, but I also have the coolest car in the whole universe!"

An adoring smile came over Tae's lips as he cupped Jungkook's cheeks, pressing a little kiss to the tip of the boy's nose. When Kookie wasn't busy trying to misbehave and get punished in a rather rewarding way (at least for him), he was so damn adorable and Tae wasn't sure how his heart handled the little most of the time.

"Can we have nuggies?" Jin asked as he dropped his pony, totally disregarding the toy in hopes he'd be getting his favourite food. When Tae nodded his head, Jin practically sprinted out of the room.

Jimin was the last one out, entering the living room to stop in his tracks and take in everything. Tae and Jungkook were already sitting at the dining table, Tae squishing Jungkook's cheeks and making the little blush with his loving compliments.

Namjoon was in the kitchen with one arm wrapped around Jin's waist, tickling the boys side. Jin was giggling so prettily and that made Namjoon smile brighter because it was such a sweet sound – and of course it looked gorgeous, as Jin always was.

Then, Jimin's eyes went to Yoongi also sat at the dining table, scrolling through his phone. Why weren't they like the others? They were caregiver and little now, so why weren't they doing these nice things?

Jimin decided to take things into his own hands. He walked across the living room and over to Yoongi.

"Yoonie?"

"Hmm?" Yoongi looked away from the screen of his phone and instead to Jimin next to him. The confidence within the younger boy suddenly faded as he pulled at the sleeves of his jumper.

"Don't wowwy," the little walked behind Yoongi's chair and instead sat himself in the one next to the man. He lowered his head slightly to hide the embarrassed flush of colour that was coming over his cheeks.

Yoongi titled his head to the side as he watched the boy, "are you ok?"

Jimin bit his lower lip, trying to force himself to say 'yeah' but he couldn't hold his tongue. Instead, the truth slipped out.

"I want to sit on your lap."

An uncomfortable silence fell between the two and if not for Jin's giggling and Tae's gushing, the whole house would have been quiet too.

As Yoongi kept unresponsive, hot embarrassment further flooded onto Jimin's face. The boy hid his face in his hands, shaking his head at thinking they could be like that. He and Yoonie didn't love each other like that, heck they didn't even lo-

Jimin's thoughts were cut off as a pair of hands gripped his waist and easily lifted him up, pulling him onto a pair of thighs and against a chest.