• s e v e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The past two weeks had been exhausting for the two men. They had both naively figured it wouldn't be too hard to pack, move, then unpack. Jimin had been kept busy with coaching and Yoongi was occasionally taking some time to write so the move had been much longer and tiring than originally expected. Turns out it took more than a pair to pack and clean an apartment. By the time all of Jimin's things were finally in Yoongi's apartment they had both agreed that next time they'd get help from friends.

But finally, everything was done. Jimin was now sitting in his new room, decorated with only his pastel blue curtains and bed covered in sheets the same colour. The rest was yet to be unpacked but he would wait for the weekend to do that.

With his Friday morning free, Jimin decided to go shopping considering the lack of food in Yoongi's fridge. Usually, the older man could simply get so caught up in his writing that he forgot to eat. Sometimes he'd have only one or two meals a day, going to sleep on an empty stomach. Yoongi's schedule for just about everything was completely out of order - going to bed late or early, getting up at ridiculous hours in the morning or afternoon. It was undeniable. Yoongi was a bit of a mess.

But with his new roommate Yoongi secretly hoped that he'd be able to fix himself up. The motivation being that he wanted to keep up his (somewhat) good image and not let his roommate see his bad habits. That first meant inviting less one night stands over.

Jimin emerged from the hallway with his wallet shoved into one pocket of his jeans. In his hands he held his phone, groceries listed on the screen.

"Anything you want from food shopping?" Jimin asked Yoongi who was currently laid on the couch, staring at a screen of words but reading nothing.

Yoongi was about to answer with something along the lines of 'snack foods' but decided against it and instead he closed his laptop and stood up.

"I'll come with you," he stated, needing only to fix his hair and retrieve his wallet to be ready to go out.

Jimin shoved his phone into the free pocket of his jeans.

"We should go to the markets down the road," Yoongi suggested as they stepped out of the small apartment complex. The weather was nice outside; a gentle, cool breeze that stirred fallen leaves sitting beneath the trunks of trees. The sun was just beginning to set sending soft pink streaks across the still light blue sky.

The pair walked in silence down the street until they entered the lively markets. Jimin's eyes became wide with amazement as he looked from the carefully stacked boxes of fruits and vegetables colourfully displayed to the tents with bohemian style clothing hung up. Where he used to live was relatively boring and people always kept to themselves but it seemed much livelier in this part of the city.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile as he caught sight of Jimin's expression from the corner of his eye. It was almost adorable.

"So, what do you want to get?" Yoongi asked as he walked over to a box of apples, picking up a shiny red one.

Jimin pulled out his phone and read over what he had written down. It was mostly just the basic things - bread, milk, anything they could eat. Neither boy was a particularly picky eater – unless Jimin was in little space. Then, he was picky and would eat very few things served to him. It took Hoseok a frustratingly long amount of time to finally figure out a decent amount of foods the little boy actually liked.

"I don't really mind," Jimin shrugged as he picked up a green apple, deciding they should get some fruit to put in the basket that was currently empty on the table back home.

The two separated to pick out whatever looked good from the stalls that caught their eyes. Seconds grew into minutes which grew into an hour. It was only until they had both cumulatively spent almost two hundred dollars did they figure it was time to leave.

"We should come here more," Jimin still had a small smile over his lips as he continued to look around the marketplace, finding something new and quirky upon each glance. No doubt this place was much prettier at night, especially if the fairy lights he had seen strewn through the trees within the area were turned on.

"I don't like going outside," Yoongi mumbled as he adjusted his grip on the bags in his hands.

Jimin looked to him with a determined expression, "well, that's too bad. I'm going to make you go out once a day."

Yoongi sighed and rolled his eyes, about to argue with the idea when Jimin continued talking.

"It'll be good for you. It might even make your writing easier."

"Having a good plot would make writing easier," Yoongi muttered to himself under his breath. He had realised the reason for his writer's block (or at least he hoped). He absolutely hated the plot of his story and so he had decided to scrap the entire thing and start again. Hopefully, that would make things easier.

Jimin gently nudged the man's shoulder with his own, "it'll be fun. Besides, we can just sit on the balcony if you want."

"Why do we have to do it together?" Yoongi cocked up his eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lip as he watched the younger boys face flush a pale pink.

Jimin lowered his head to let his hair hide his face, "it was just a suggestion."

Yoongi frowned and nudged the boy with his shoulder, "fine. Maybe it could be fun."

The truth was that Yoongi would rather spend his entire day inside to continue (or rather, begin) writing his story, but seeing Jimin with his head lowered like that had made him change his mind.

It seemed that Yoongi had a soft spot for the boy.