Legends and Myths

She sat next to Kairi, who sat next to Sora, on the Paopu fruit tree. She looked down to her right to see Riku leaning against the tree. She sighed and smiled.

"Do you think will always be together like this?" She asked and everyone looked at her.

"Of course!" Sora grinned, positive about himself. "We'll always be connected in someway!"

"Where did that come from, Mai?" Kairi asked.

She blinked and looked out to the ocean. She did feel like something was off but she shrugged it off and pushed up her glasses. "Eh, just a thought!"

"Well, maybe I can make a seashell wayfinder!" Kairi said.

"What's that?" Mai asked.

"You make Thalassa shells out of it so you won't get lose at sea! ...or, at least that's how legends go."

"Hmm..." She smiled, slightly tilting her head, "I like mythology and legends but the thing that will keep us connected is our hearts!"

They all looked at her like she was crazy. Riku chuckled, "Where did you hear that?"

"Uh..." She sighed and thought long and hard. No matter how hard she tried, however, she couldn't remember, "Is... my memory... still faulty?"

"No, it can't be! It just needs a little bit of a push... Like if we find your home world! Things should help you remember then!" Sora said.

"Sora, you could be on to something!" Mai smiled but then it disappeared, "But... could it be out there somewhere?"

"Could be. We'll never know by staying here on the islands." Riku said.

"But how far can a raft take us?" Sora asked.

"Who knows? If we have to, we'll think of something else." The silver-headed boy said.

"Suppose you get to another world," Kairi giggled, "What would you do there?"

"Well... I haven't thought about it..."

"Wait, wait, wait..." The redhead did her best to hold back her laughter, "You mean to tell me you're going to sail across our ocean, find a world, and don't know what you're going to do?"

"Silly, I know." Riku said kind of embrassed, "It's just I've always wondered why we're here on this island. If there are other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds, Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. We could've just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?"

"I don't know..." Sora said, throwing a leg over the side of the tree and leaning back into it.

"Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out." He stopped leaning on the tree and stood straight, looking out to the ocean. "Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff. So let's go."

"You've been thinking a lot lately, haven't you?" Kairi asked.

"Thanks to you and Mai." Sora looked at him as he said this, "If you two hadn't cane here, I probably would've never thought of any of this. Kairi, Mai... Thanks."

Kairi giggled, "You're welcome, Riku."

Mai grinned and nodded as a 'you're welcome'. Sora rolled his eyes and looked out to the sea. Riku was just being a drama queen.

"Well, I've gotta get home." Kairi jumped off the tree and ran off.

"Hehe, just you and me in a race to the boats, Sora?" Mai said and he groaned, sitting up.