Darkness In His Heart

AN Mai's voice actress is Eileen Stevens in English and Aoi Yūki in Japanese. Both ladies are the voice of Iris from Pokémon BW.

Also, this chapter is going to be a little bit dark.

***

There was evil people watching the Princess and her friends from an unknown castle. They had a projection of them.

"Those little squirts took down that heartless!" The first one said. "Who'd have thought it?"

"Such is the power of the keyblade. The children's strength aren't their own." The second one said.

"Why don't we turn them into heartless?" The third one chackled, "that'll settle things quick enough."

"And the brats' friends are the king's lackeys." The fourth said, "Swoggle me eyes, they're all bilge rats by the looks of them. Except the girl, she looks like a bilge mouse."

"Your no prize yourself." The final one laughed as he mocked the fourth.

"Shut up!"

"Enough!" A voice over come the five and they turned their heads to the leader, who just entered the room. "The Angel of Valhalla has chosen this girl. Do you understand what that means? This girl is the Princess of Twilight." The whole room was shocked.

"But that princess in question is a myth!" The second one said, "How can we be sure?"

"Yeah, and she even looks weak." The first one said. "This princess of yours has untold power, right?"

"Looks aren't everything. The bird has chosen her and it knows. Those creatures are highly intelligent."

"You saw what happened, right? She lost her memory." the second one said. "How did she get it back so quickly?"

The female leader looked at the redheaded princess. She was smiling and blushing at the spikey haired boy. The evil fairy was amused by this, "This girl cares for the boy. That bond, I suppose, put a spark in her memories."

"Oh, love..." The third one said, "What a weakness for her to have..."

"Quite..." She had an idea, "He made be the key to that untold power... But for now she needs to be watched." The projection turned to a eighteen year old boy. "This boy has darkness every since that day. He could be useful for our plan.

***

"Kweh!" The white chocobo chick flew into Mai's cupped hands.

"Thanks for taking care of Snow while we were fighting heartless, Aerith." Mai smiled.

"Snow?" Sora asked.

"Yeah! That's the name I gave him." She smiled and turned back to Aerith.

"You're welcome, Princess Mai." She said and she pouted.

"Please just call Mai." She then smiled, "We're friends, right?"

"Of course!" Aerith smiled.

"Make sure you're prepared for the journey ahead of you." Leon said as he crossed his arms. "We don't know how far the heartless have spread."