Cave Drawings

"Hey, Tidus! Have you seen Sora?" Mai asked.

"Actually, he was by your guys' raft!" Mai smiled and nodded at this. She was about to run when he stopped her, "Why are you searching for Sora?"

"Riku said he needed him for something." She simply said.

"Okay! See ya, Mai!" Tidus ran off, "I'm gonna play Blitz Ball with Wakka!"

"Have fun!" She run in the direction the raft was herself.

She went through a cave, which is a shortcut as she found out, and she heard her friends.

"Do wanna race to see who gets to name the raft?" Riku asked and she peeked around the corner. He was talking to Sora.

"Yeah, If I win, I'm captain!" Sora grinned, "If you win-"

"I get to share a paopu with Kairi." She rolled her eyes, boys. The part that got her was, "Deal? The winner gets to winner with Kairi!"

Her jaw dropped, 'With Kairi?'

She walked from the cave and pretended she didn't hear any of it. She stretched to the sky with a smile. Riku and Sora saw her and Riku looked at Sora, who was caught staring.

She turned to them with a smile, "Am I in the way of the race?"

"No, you can be the person who can count down if you wanna!" Riku said and she frowned at this; he was acting weirder than Sora.

Sora felt guilty and stepped back, "I-I'm sorry, I'm going have to back out of the race..."

"Why? Are you scared of losing?" Riku teased and the redhead growled.

"Don't listen to him, Sora. What's wrong?"

He blushed and turned around, "I gotta go find mushrooms."

"Sora-" she was about to ask what's wrong when he ran off. She sighed then glared at Riku, "I got him."

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked and she just huffed and ran after Sora.

She ran through the islands without seeing Sora. She sighed as she thought he might be in the secret place. As she entered, she heard sniffing as if someone was crying.

"Sora? Are you okay?" The sand sounded like it was shifting.

"Oh, uh... Mai, what are you doing here?" She saw him quickly wipe his face.

"What's up?"

He grinned his regular grinned, "Aw, it's nothing."

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, body language saying that she didn't believe him. He nervously laughed.

"Come on, Sora. You obviously suck at lying." She frowned, "You know you can tell me anything. Is Riku being too hard on you with the teasing?"

Sora shook his head and looked at the cave drawings, "Nah, just wanted to come here. No telling when we can see these drawings again."

She smiled, looking to the one of Kairi and Sora. When they were younger, she watched the two drawing each other and running out of the cave. Her smile disappeared. Those two are just friends... right?

"Yeah..." She breathed in and out, "I'm going to find more supplies-"

"Wait!" Sora stopped her and she turned around back to him. "About yesterday, you were worried about all of us getting separated, right?"

"I just don't want my friends to be harmed..." She smiled, "That's all!"

"It's something deeper... isn't it?" Sora asked she looked away from his gaze. "Come on, tell me!"