Dreams

AN Quick shout out to owencali and georgeomalley123 for being great followers and awesome supporters of mine! Love you all and see ya next AN!

~

They got to Traverse Town and started to go around fighting heartless and buying stuff like potions. When the group of friends had to swim in the water to get to the Secret Waterway, Sora had to pick Mai up in a piggyback because she was obviously too short much to Mai's embarrassment.

"Hey, sorry 'bout all this." Mai mumbled sheepishly.

"About what?" Sora asked curiously.

"I'm such a burden. I bet I'm really heavy..." She blushed and he shook his head.

"No, you don't have to apologise M. You aren't even heavy more like a feather."

"Are you just saying that to not make me feel bad?" Her eyebrow twitched.

"Of course not. Why would I lie to my best friend?" The red haired girl smiled and blushed.

When they met with Leon and the others Mai was on her feet again.

"So you found a keyhole?" Leon asked.

"Yeah and it automatically locked when we found it." Sora said.

"That's good." Aerith nodded.

"Every world among the stars has a keyhole. And each one leads to the heart of that world. There must be one in this town as well."

"What do you mean?" Mai asked and the brown haired man rolled his eyes at this.

"It was in Ansem's report." Aerith kindly answered.

"The heartless enter through the keyhole and do something to the world's core." Mai looked up at what Leon said.

"Then what happens to the world?" She questioned curiously.

"In the end it disappears." She gasped at this and saw a flash. The red haired princess felt this painful headache and felt as if she was having this major migraine. She placed her hands on the sides of her head and fell to her knees.

"Mai!" Sora yelled and Mai kept on seeing these memories which didn't seem so clear. They consisted of two worlds being invaded by darkness and heartless.

"Princess!" Goofy and Donald exclaimed and tears fell down her cheeks. Her friends helped her up and she wiped away her tears.

"What's...going on...with me?" She whispered and frowned.

"You're the only one who can lock those keyholes Princess, with your keyblade." Aerith said.

"You need to go to all the worlds possible to lock those keyholes." Leon added and she nodded. If she couldn't act like a Princess, then she might as well fulfil her duties as a Princess. They had to go and see this guy called Cid about the mini Gummi Ships they got, but before leaving Leon called out.

"Hey Princess!" Her eyebrow twitched with annoyance and she turned around.

"I've got a name you know!" She said and he ignored this. He took out this stone and gave it to her.

"Here, take this. This stone holds some mysterious power. I've been carrying it for luck and I want you to hold onto it." She stared at the stone and looked up.

"How do I use it?"

"For the first time, good question." Mai rolled her eyes at this and Leon went quiet. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently.

"Well?"

"I don't know." He mumbled and she smirked at this.

They turned around and went to Cid. Sora, Donald and Goofy started speaking to Cid about the mini Gummi Ships. She began to think of her home, what if the world's heart disappeared like what they were talking about? What about Tidus? Wakka? Selphie? What about Kairi and Riku? She sighed and looked down, a tear ran down her face.

They had to go and deliver this old book to a house in the Third District. Goofy noticed Mai's saddness.

"Princess, are you okay?"

"I'm sorry. It's just that I've been missing home for a while." The red haired girl apologised.

"Don't worry M, we'll get home." She nodded at this. She hoped everything will be back to normal once they get back. Life would be so much better, she would have all her friends and possibly finally tell Sora how she felt... What she truly felt.

They walked around and reached an empty room. The chilly breeze and darkness sent shivers going up and down Mai's spine.

"There's something about this musty place!" She heard Riku's voice and looked up. She saw the silver haired boy standing in front of her with that smile on his face. It was as if she couldn't believe her eyes. "It reminds me of the secret place back home, where we used to hang out. Just me, you, and Sora."

"Riku?" She reached out for him.

"Mai?" Goofy asked and when she looked him then looked back, he was gone. Merlin was in the room now but she wasn't paying much attention to him. Mai sighed; she thought she found one of her friends.

The empty room turned into a homely comfortable room. But that frown from Mai's face didn't turn into anything. Then out of nowhere a woman appeared. "Why hello! I'm the Fairy Godmother. I am here to help as well and... oh good gracious." She ran up to Mai and took her hand. "Why dear what's wrong?" Mai looked up at her curiously.

"Oh, well..." She squeaked.

"Ah don't tell me, you are missing home."

"Well, that and I... have boy trouble..." She blushed.

"Is he missing?" She shock her head, "Oh... are you having trouble confessing to him?" She blushed brighter and nodded, slightly embrassed. "Don't be embarrassed by that. Many people have trouble with that and have fear that they might reject you. But, honey, don't be afraid to confess. If you aren't living in fear, you will meet the guy of your dreams."

"My dreams?" Mai asked.

"Yes, a dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartache. Whatever you wish for, you keep." The Fairy Godmother sang and Mai started to sing too. She didn't know how, but in her memory she felt like someone has sung this song before. "Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true."

"Thank you Fairy Godmother!" Mai smiled with tears falling down her cheeks.

"Always sing this song whenever you are sad. Don't shed your tears." She wiped the tears away. "And keep believing in your dreams." The red haired girl nodded happily.

Nearby, Kenji was spying on her under orders from Maleficent. He growled as he knew who she had a crush on. For some reason, he had a feeling she was something to her. The brunette held his head as he couldn't remember why or what. He shook his head; was his memory still faulty? He sighed and quietly left through a dark portal.

~

AN Hey! Lyxas here saying that Kenji is a final fantasy character in disguise... or at least, he changed his name. Could anyone guess who? The voice actor should give you a hint on who it is.