End Of The World

They went back to Hollow Bastion again and Mette's hair was starting to change into a bright red. As they walked up the stairs Sora stared at the girl and imagined Mai. The heartless looked at the brown haired boy and a tear fell down his cheek. They stopped walking and Mette touched his cheek. They stared into each other's eyes and he croaked, "I'm sorry Flower."

She shook her head and wiped a tear away from his face. Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled the heartless into a hug. Sora started to sob onto her shoulder as his grip tightened. Mette was gobsmacked; she didn't know why he was crying or even apologising. But she wrapped her arms around him and returned the hug. She patted his back and leaned her cheek next to his neck. "Flower, I know you're still in there." They pulled away and she looked away. Mette didn't know why everyone said that she was like Flower or Mai. They proceeded to the Lift Stop battled heartless and met up with Aurora and Cinderella.

"We have been waiting for you two." Cinderella said.

"Where's Ansem?" Noel asked.

"Gone." She sighed.

"When the keyhole appeared darkness poured out of it." Aurora said. "It swallowed Ansem and he disappeared."

"Though Ansem is gone, the flood of darkness hasn't stopped." Cinderella added. "We're working together to hold it back."

"I cannot forget the look on his face. As the darkness engulfed him, he was smiling." Aurora squeaked and they all felt shivers goin down their spines. They went to the Grand Hall, fought many heartless and went through the keyhole. They were confronted by this humongous heartless and Mette gasped at this. With Mai's Keyblade she fought alongside the redhead's friends. As she fought, the memories started to slowly come back to her; Mai's memories; memories, about Sora, Kairi, Destiny Islands, Mom, Dad and Riku.

"Now, let's go and seal that keyhole Mette!" Sora exclaimed and they turned to her. The trio gasped, her hair was now complete bright red like Mai's.

"Sora, Mette, Noel, you did it!" They heard Leon say, turned around and went back into the portal which led to the Grand Hall. The chocobo was the first to see her.

"Kweh!" It flew to her but hovered by her face. He had tears again and sadly flew back to Aerith.

When Leon saw Mette he gasped with surprise. Aerith and Yuffie was there as well. They approached him and her eyes widened when she remembered the thief; Leon! She walked up to him and smirked.

"Do you remember me?" Mette nodded vigorously at this and he placed a hand on her head.

"Squall, I'm going to go with Mette, Sora, Donald, and Goofy and find Mai. I'm not sure if we'll see each other again, though..." Noel looked down.

He sighed gravely and looked at her and Sora. "We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other."

"No matter where we are…" Aerith looked at Mette. "…or what we will become, our hearts will bring us back together again." Mette looked up at Aerith and smiled as a tear fell down her cheek.

"Besides," The heartless turned to Yuffie "I couldn't forget you if I wanted to." The heartless grinned at this, a grin like Mai's. But then it dropped into a normal smile and then into a frown. She started to cry silently and Sora ran up to her. She was very confused; why was she crying when she didn't have a heart. The brown haired 14 year old placed his hands onto her shoulders. "What's wrong Mette?" She looked at him and placed her hand on the left side of her chest, where no heart lied. "I don't understand, you're crying but you don't have a heart, right?" Sora asked.

"Wrong." Leon mumbled and they turned to him. The brown haired man walked up to them and pointed at the necklace. "All of Mai's powers, emotions and memories are in that bracelet. It's the only source that's keeping Mette living right now."

"Will it die out?" Donald asked and Mette looked up at Leon like a curious child.

"I'm afraid so…" There was a minute's silence and Mette placed a hand on her heart with a smile.

"I must accept my fate, I cannot change it." They heard Mai's voice say, but it didn't come from Mette, they heard it from their hearts. Sora took her hand and they rushed to Donald and Goofy followed by Noel.

"Come on Mai! You need to close the keyhole." He exclaimed and they ran into the portal. They approached a pink clouded keyhole and Mai's Vining Destiny appeared in Mette's hand. She pointed the keyblade at the keyhole and the tip started to glow and emit a radiant light. A ray of light was shot at the keyblade. The pink clouds faded into pieces of glass to reveal a keyhole shaped like a heart. It glowed and faded brightly which made them all cover their eyes.

Sora walked up to Mette and he gasped with shock. Her other eye, it wasn't garnet anymore but was bright green like Mai's. They exited to the Grand Hall again and met up with the six princesses. They thanked Rin and Sora but Jasmine said that she felt a darkness very far away. Sora declared that they would go to the Gummi Ship and deal with Ansem and the heartless and that was what they did.

Mette, Noel, Sora, Donald and Goofy came out of this cave like mountain and were in a very strange world called the End of the World. "Gawrsh, is that what's left of the world's taken by the heartless?" Goofy asked.

"Those worlds will be restored if we beat Ansem, right?" Sora mumbled.

"You betcha!" Donald said.

"But if we do beat him and all these worlds become restored and disconnected, what's going to happen to this place and us?" Noel questioned.

"Well, uh…" Donald trailed off.

"This is a heartless world." Mette looked at Goofy. "So maybe it'll just disappear." Sora, Noel, and Donald looked at him worried. "But no worries, even if this place goes poof, our hearts ain't going anywhere." Mette frowned at this and they looked at her with sad eyes. Mette held Sora's heart and smiled with a nod. Sora smiled; she was saying Mai was in his heart.

"Yeah, we can do this." Sora said and they went on. They started fighting the heartless which was difficult for Noel, Sora, Donald and Goofy but not for Mette, because she was a heartless herself. Then they teleported to the other worlds like Traverse Town, Wonderland and so on and had to fight the heartless.

They got the End of the World again and floated down into this abyss. Out of nowhere a large monster appeared with wings and he looked very scary. Sora looked at Mai who nodded at him. They looked at the monster, Chernabog and dashed towards him. Together they started to fight and Mette and Sora started to remember all the times when Mai and Sora would fight together. This gave Mai and Sora the strength to defeat the monster, which exploded.