Hope

"Riku, Sora! We need to close the door NOW!" The King shouted and they looked up. There were heartless through the door and they got up. "But what about…" Riku begun.

"There's no time we need to hurry!" The silver haired boy turned to Mai's body and she looked so calm and peaceful as if she was asleep. He leaned down closer to her and whispered into her ear. "I'm sorry for everything I've done." He pulled away and pecked her cold pale lips. He turned to Sora. "Sora, I leave her body in your hands. Look after her I know you can." The brown haired boy nodded as the tears kept on falling down his cheeks. Riku ran through the door along with the King and they pulled the door as Sora, Donald and Goofy pushed the door. "I can't." Sora sighed and glanced back at Mai's body.

"Come on Sora! Together we can do it. Mai's still alive, she's in our hearts and she needs you to do it!" Riku shouted out and Sora nodded. As the door closed Riku smiled at his best friend. "Take care of her, Sora."

"I will, I promise." Riku glanced at Mai's body and smiled as a tear fell down his cheek. He placed a hand onto his heart. 'I love you as a sister. I never wanted it to end like this.' And then the door closed shut.

Mai's Vining Destiny appeared in her hand and started to sparkle and glow. The Keyblade emitted a magnificent light and so did the King's Keyblade too. The door also glistened and shone as it disappeared and so did the Princess's Keyblade. Sora walked up to her body and held it against him.

"Oh Mai…" He started to sob and held her tighter hoping that she would wake up but he didn't. Then Noel sensed a light. He turned and saw Kairi. She gasped when she saw Mai.

"Noel! What's wrong with Mai? WHY IS SHE ASLEEP?" He shut his eyes, how could he tell Kairi? How could he tell her, that because of him, Sora, and Riku, Mai's dead?

"SHE'S IN THIS DEEP SLEEP, BUT SHE CAN'T WAKE UP!" He shouted back.

"IS SHE DEAD?" The auburn haired girl asked shocked and the boy's silence indicated that she was. Kairi gasped as the tears fell down her cheeks.

"Kairi! Remember what you said before? I'm always with you too." Noel said. "I'll come back to you!"

"I know you will!" Kairi cried and she started to move away from them. Noel stared at her and then Mai and Sora. Then all of a sudden, he fell to his knees and started to cry. All the memories of him and Noel played in his mind and he felt like this was his entire fault.

'Sora also blame himself. It was partially his fault that she lost her heart. If he didn't say all those things that made her sad then she wouldn't have been so upset. If he spent more time with her back on the islands then they would have been more than best friends. If he didn't fight Riku, then she wouldn't have been here dead.

Sora walked up to her lifeless and limp body and wiped his tears. Jiminy jumped down from his shoulder and onto the ground. Tears kept on falling down everyone's eyes, all but the girl. The cricket took out his journal and sniffed. "Mai told me to write this in the journal when we were on Hook's ship." He looked down and started to read;

"If Princess Mai loses her heart or sacrifices herself, then take care of her body. Instead of carrying her around her bracelet will transform her into something useful."

The bracelet around her wrist started to shimmer and shine. This radiance spread from her head to her toes and shined brighter than a star. This made them all cover their eyes and when they opened their eyes, they gasped. Mai's body wasn't there anymore it was replaced with a Keyblade.

But this Keyblade, it was beautiful. It was a silver Keyblade covered with Ruby and Emerald gems. The keychain was white and black chain links with the six point star, same as Sora's good luck charm from her.

Sora walked up to the Keyblade and took it in his hand. He held it up and stared at the weapon. "Mai, you live within this Keyblade." He said and Jiminy shook his head.

"No Sora, there was another thing she said." He looked down at his journal.

"Never forget Mai and keep her cherished in your hearts, because she will live on inside people's hearts. Now, she will go to sleep and rest in peace."

'Don't forget me...' he heard her voice and another tear fell down Sora's cheek and he nodded. They saw a stairway where the door was and they decided to go on.

Later…

They started walking on a path down a steep hill and there were trees and it was sunny. Sora was in between Noel, Donald, and Goofy who were in their normal clothes.

"Well, now what do we do?" Donald asked breaking the silence.

"Well, we gotta think of something... I'm down for whatever you guys have planned." Noel said.

"We've gotta find Riku and King Mickey." Sora answered.

"But, uh, where do we start lookin' for that there door to the light?" Goofy asked a valid question and they stopped walking. They went quiet and then sighed hopelessly. Sora looked up and saw a yellow dog.

"Pluto?" Donald asked.

"Hey Pluto, where have you been?" Goofy smiled and then they noticed a letter with a little mark which meant that it was from the King.

"Gawrsh, that's the King's seal!" Goofy pointed out.

"Hey, have you seen King Mickey?" Sora asked the dog and he started running. They looked at each other with smiles and started running after the dog with a bit more hope in their hearts.

AN: I'm gonna skip Chain of Memories till the final stage in Sora's story. Riku does get confronted by Naminé about the light and darkness as well as Mai's grandmother.