Outer Worlds

"Mai! Mai, please! Wake up!" Sora begged her to get up but the girl keep on sleeping. He looked at a man with sad eyes, "Is she going to be okay, Leon?"

"She lost a lot of blood, but not enough to kill her." He said, "She just needs rest."

Mai's glasses were completely broken and she had a bandage around her wound. The Angel of Valhalla silently watched her as Sora looked at the broken glasses and sighed.

"Good..." He sadly smiled at the redhead.

A girl with black hair giggled, sitting next to her on the bed, "Are you her boyfriend?"

Sora got defense and he blushed, "She's not my girlfriend!"

"Okay, okay... Geez, I was just curious." Yuffie smirked and Sora pouted.

"I still can't believe it..." Leon said, getting both of their attention.

"Believe what?" Sora asked.

"Kweh! Kweh!" The white chocobo chick flew in a circle above Sora's head. He looked at him. "Kweh!"

"Do you realize what that is?" Yuffie asked, "A chocobo. And not just any other chocobo, it's a white one!"

"What's so special about it?" Sora asked.

"They say the white chocobo is reincarnated from a spirit known as the Angel of Valhalla." Leon said, leaning against the wall, "Also, it is said when someone is chosen by this bird to be it's caretaker, that person has great power."

"...Like?" Sora leaned in wanting to know more.

Leon shrugged and Yuffie said, "The legend is vague and we don't know what that power is but it's real! That girl has been chosen for some reason."

Sora looked at the two keys leaning against the door frame. "Could it be the Keyblade that the chocobo saw in her?"

"Who knows?" Leon shrugged and Mai stirred, alerting Sora.

"Mai!" He shouted and she slowly opened her eyes mid way. She sat up and looked around, blankly. She turned towards Sora and blinked. "M-Mai?"

She tilted her head, "I'm sorry... Who... are you?"

At first he didn't believe her. He giggled, "Come on, Mai! Do you expect me to believe that?"

She blinked more and what he saw in her eyes was confusion and timidness. His smile disappeared.

"Sorry, but I don't know you..."

Tears brim his eyes and shook his head, "No... No! You can't forget! What about Riku and Kairi? Mai, it's me! Sora!"

"Sora?" her response sounded like she didn't have a clue. He tightly shut his eyes and tears ran down his face.

"Mai..." Their keyblades transported to their hands and Mai blinked at it. Sora sighed with a sad smile, "That's a keyblade."

"Key...blade?" She did an experimental swing and looked at it closely.

"I can believe that they would choose you two." The brunette man said, "The worlds must be desperate need of help if the girl."

Sora growled, "Well, the chocobo chick choose her, so she could be really strong!"

"Chocobo?" she looked at it and it flew off Sora's spikey hair. It landed on her lap and curled up.

"The Angel of Valhalla to be accurate!" Yuffie said.

"I want to go home! Back to the way it was! Mai remembers me, I know where my friends are, and..." He gasped and stood up, "Wait happened to our home? Our island?! Riku... Kairi..."