Light Within Darkness

They went down into this empty volcano and as Sora, Noel, Donald and Goofy climbed down the rocks to get to the floor, Mette just fell down and onto her back. She rubbed her back and felt like cursing the law of gravity. They kept on going through portal of lights until they reached a large door which opened and a blinding light shone through.

They appeared on the beach of Destiny Islands and Mette looked around. It was as if she saw Mai's memories in front of her very eyes. "Is this our islands?" Sora asked and they looked around. It was peaceful and calm like the sound of the waves. They walked up to outside the secret place.

"This world…" They heard a voice say.

"What was that?" Goofy asked and the island where the leaning tree was vanished.

"…is tied to the darkness." Mette gasped she remembered when Mai was with Sora and he was protecting her from him

"…soon to be completely eclipsed."

Slowly the trees started to vanish too.

"There is so very much to learn yet you understand so little."

Even the water vanished and it was starting to turn dark and there was like an earthquake.

"A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

They ran up to the edge of the island and saw Riku wearing different clothes but Mette knew it wasn't Riku. "Take a look at this tiny place…" Ansem's voice said. "To the heart seeking freedom this island is a prison surrounded by water. And so this boy sought to escape from his prison." Mette gulped. "He sought a way to cross over into other worlds and he opened his heart to the darkness."

"Riku!" Sora and Noel shouted out.

"Don't bother. Your voices can no longer reach him where he is." The heartless looked at Mette and smiled amusingly. "And you must be the Princess's heartless. We both are the same." She shook her head and touched her bracelet. "Ah so it seems that you still have your emotions." He mumbled. "But that won't bring him back; his heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different."

Mette growled; this guy was talking rubbish. "Darkness sprouts within it, grows and consumes it. Such is its nature! In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came." They turned around and jumped when they Ansem behind them. "You see, darkness is the heart's true essence." Rin closed her eyes and touched her necklace.

"That is not true! The heart may be weak and may give into the darkness. But what my grandmother told me was that; the door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return and that even in the deepest of darkness, there will always be a light to guide you no matter what." They heard Mai's voice yell. Ansem smirked at this and floated into the air. He crossed his arms and opened his orange eyes.

"So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade every heart return to darkness!" He shouted and this scary dark symbiote came out of him and he looked like a pureblood heartless. Mette gasped at this and closed her eyes and she saw mere images of the same monster coming out of a young man with silver hair and a young woman with blue hair and blue eyes fighting the monster. When Mette opened her eyes, they got ready to fight. They started to fight the guardian and it was very difficult. They kept on using magic and light and this was the only thing that weakened their enemy until they finally defeated him.

The trees and island started to tremble and it looked completely destroyed. Mette and the others jumped into this crater, but Donald and Goofy couldn't. So Sora held Mette's hand as they floated down the crater with Noel.

"Mette." She looked up at Sora who had tears falling down his cheeks. "Flower, do you remember everything now?" She smiled at this and nodded. He pulled her into his arms and they hugged each other. "We're going to save Riku together Mai." He mumbled and kissed her cheek. She gave him the warmest of smiles and pulled away.

A big massive creature appeared and they fought it with all the might they had and defeated him. But when they fought it was all over, Ansem Seeker of Darkness appeared again and they had to fight him and his guardian.

Suddenly everything was dark and they started to look around and Noel, Goofy, and Donald was with them "Behold, the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds: Kingdom Hearts!" They heard Ansem's voice say. "Look as hard as you are able. You'll not find even the smallest glimmer of light." But he was wrong; the light was Mai's bracelet.

"From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours!" They looked down and Mette jumped into Sora's arms. There was this humungous colourful thing and it looked so strange and odd like a monster. Noel, Goofy, and Donald disappeared and Sora and Mette started to sink down into the darkness.

Sora started to scream until Mette held him. He knew it wasn't her but she tried to keep him calm. he closed his blue eyes and sighed.

"Come on, guys! I thought you were stronger than that!"

Mette and Sora opened their eyes as they heard Riku. They flew way up to where that freaky thing was. The heartless was sparkling and there was something different about her. She was stronger and more determined; a bit like Mai. Vining Destiny appeared in Mette's hand and she glared at the monster, she was ready.