Jealousy

They had to go to this bell and ring it 3 times to see what happens. On the way, there were so many heartless and Mai cursed Maleficent each time she defeated one. When they got to the bell Mai rang the bell 3 times. A fountain started working and then on top of it there was a keyhole.

As Mai ran to the keyhole one of those mega heartless appeared again and this time it was like the one they fought in Traverse Town last time. "Mai!" Her friends shouted and she turned around to see them unable to help her. It was as if there was a force field which trapped her and the heartless. She looked up at the monster and cracked her knuckles. "You're going down!" She called out with a smirk.

After a few seconds she skidded to the ground and groaned with pain. She was injured pretty badly. "Cure!" She shouted and she was healed. She got up and got ready. She ran towards it and screamed. The red haired Princess fought with all her might until she defeated the heartless. The force field was broken and they rushed to her.

"Are you alright Princess?" Goofy asked.

"Are you hurt your highness?" Donald questioned.

"Mai, are you okay?" She raised her hands.

"Stop, stop, stop! I'm alright, I'm not hurt and I'm okay!" She said and they laughed at this. Mai's keyblade started to glow and sparkle as it shot a ray of light towards the keyhole, locking it.

They went to Cid again to get something installed in the Gummi Ship. Then they headed to Merlin's house and Jiminy jumped off Sora's shoulder. "Well, well, as I live and breathe! If it isn't Pinocchio!" There was a little puppet boy hiding under the bed and Mai though he looked absolutely cute.

"Oh hi Jiminy!"

"Awwwww!" Mai just wanted to pinch Pinocchio's cheeks; he was so cute.

"What in the world are you doing down there?" Jiminy asked.

"Um...playing hide and seek!"

'So cute!' She thought.

"I just don't believe it!" Jiminy said as he walked in circles. "And here I was, up all night worried sick about you. Why of all the...Pinocchio!" They looked at the puppet boy and gasped; his nose grew.

"Pinocchio are you telling me the truth?" Jiminy asked.

"Yes." He answered.

"Then what is all this about?"

"It was a present." Pinocchio said innocently.

"No fibbing now!" Jiminy warned him. "You know you're not supposed to tell lies." Mai giggled at this; she remembered when she lied to Sora back at the islands. He would always know when she is.

"Father is gone and I don't know where he is!" Pinocchio cried and Jiminy comforted him by telling him that he, Mai, Sora, Donald and Goofy. The puppet boy looked really sad and Mai smiled. She walked up to him and crouched to be eye level.

"Hey, you shouldn't be sad. We'll find your father, I promise." He looked up at her and she smiled. She placed her hand on top of his head and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry sweetie, it'll all be fine."

Sora watched this and felt a tad bit jealous. He was cute too and she noticed that puppet instead of him. The brown haired boy crossed his arms and pouted at this. Mai stood up and walked up to Sora. "What's with the pout?" She asked.

"Why did you kiss Pinocchio's forehead?" He asked and she smiled.

"He's soooooooo cute and loveable!" The brown haired 14 year old huffed at this and rolled his eyes at this. "What, are you jealous?"

"Of course I'm not!" He answered instantly.

"Sora, he's a little puppet, you don't have to be jealous about that." She said and he frowned.

"So I'm not cute?" Mai smiled at this.

"Who said you weren't?" The redhead openly flirted and winked, leaving Sora blushing. She started walking and Sora followed.

"Do ya think the Princess likes Sora?" Goofy whispered to Donald.

"Yeah. It seems he likes her too!" He smiled at this.

"But I want a kiss on the forehead!" He whined and her eyebrow twitched.

"Why don't you ask Kairi to kiss you on the forehead?" She asked with jealousy hidden in her voice.

"But she's not here!" Mai gasped at this and turned to him with a disappointed face.

"I see that I'm being used. I bet you'd prefer Kairi here instead of me." She crossed her arms and he shook his head.

"No, Mai! I'd prefer you to be here." The red haired girl rolled her eyes at this with a look crying, 'as if!'

"You know what; I know you're lying just to make me feel good. You know I don't like dishonest people!"

"No! It's the truth! The truth is, out of all my years I meet you, I always thought..." He stopped and blushed, "Um, I always thought... you were always fun to hang out with! Yeah..."

"Bull crap! You barely even noticed me whenever we were back on the islands! It was always Kairi this and Kairi that! All you and Riku talk is Kairi!"

"M, are you jealous?" she scoffed at this.

"No! Just upset you guys never actually paid attention to the one girl who'd fight away all of your fears." Sora gasped and thought back. He was about to say something but then she continued talking, "I mean, sure, you helped me with my glasses once in a while and there was those moments before we left the islands, but it still doesn't explain why you've been like that!" Sora lowered his head and felt guilty; she wasn't lying...

They walked through the streets of Traverse Town and there was an awkward and painful silence between them now that Mai wasn't talking to Sora. "M, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." Sora said.

"Heh, if, you did hurt my feelings Sora!" She countered back.

"Guys, can you leave us alone for a while?" Sora asked and Donald and Goofy went into the Gummi Ship.

"Mai, what's wrong?" She looked away and sniffed as a tear fell down her cheeks.

"You can talk to me about anything." She looked up into his blue eyes.

"It's been so long since you've said that." She whispered and sniffed. "You never used to notice me as much back on the island and I feel as if we have moved away from our friendship." She made the lie look real, it was about Kairi. He frowned at this and held her hands.

"I'm sorry Mai." Sora wrapped his arms around Mai and hugged her tight.

She hugged back and cried on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Each word was like a stab into her heart and it killed her inside. Sora kissed the top of her head trying to comfort her.

The silver haired boy clenched his fist with fury and jealousy as he stood on top of a building watching his friends with Kenji. 'Some best friend you are Sora!' He thought and grinded his teeth together. 'How dare he? Does he really think he can replace me in Mai's life? No way, he'll pay!'

Kenji noticed this and sighed, "Look, I'm not sure but I kinda get the hint you like Mai."

"What's it to you?" He bitterly asked and Kenji growled.

"I was just wondering!" He frowned, "You don't have to be so sour. Anyway, Maleficent said she was after power... but I don't believe her."

Riku looked at him, "What do you mean?"

He stared at her, sighing; he didn't know why. He changed the subject, "You know, my name wasn't always Kenji..."

"Oh, what is it then?"

He dryly chuckled, "That, my friend, is a story for another day. I guess I will tell you later, I promise."

Kenji did have a vibe of trust and kindness. He even was nice with so little darkness. However, Riku still wondered who exactly was this guy? What's his story?