Mai's End

As Sora went into the cage to fight a few heartless in order to get Noel, Donald and Goofy back, Mette stayed with the monster and started to fight it. First, she started to fight the minor parts of the creature's body but the monster kept on hitting blasts at Mette which took away her energy. But Mette didn't give up, she continued fighting.

The heartless was panting in front of the creature covered in gashes and scratches. She touched her bracelet and Mai yelled. "I'm not going to give up!" Mette dashed towards the monster and started doing some spells which started to make the monster go weak. But just as she used magic, it weakened her even more and didn't really affect the monster much.

Then just as Mette thought she was finished she remembered her potion and drank it. Not just that, her friends appeared by her side and they looked at each other then faced the creature in front of them. Noel, Donald, and Goofy started to fight the other parts and Mette and Sora aimed at the heart.

They started fighting the heart but it seemed that there was something that was harming Mette. Sora gasped when he saw a few heartless which attempted to hurt her. He growled and started fighting the heartless and she turned to the heart. With the tip of Mai's Keyblade, it joined with her necklace and there was a bright light. "LIGHT!" Mai shouted and there was a massive explosion which blinded everyone and finished off the monster.

Just when they thought it was all over they looked up to see Ansem Seeker of Darkness. Mette rolled her eyes at this, 'What? He's not dead yet!' Then she looked at Sora's and looked up at him and he was smiling. "Let's fight him, together." Mai smiled at this with a tear falling down her cheeks as she held Sora's hand. She looked up at Ansem and they all rushed to him.

It seemed that Ansem wasn't trying to defeat Noel, Sora, Donald or Goofy; he was trying to finish Mette and get that bracelet. Now, Mette was bleeding all over with major gashes and bruises but she didn't give up. She wouldn't give up, she wasn't going to give up on Mai, Noel, Sora, Donald, Goofy and Riku; no way in hell! Mette and Sora started to fight and she noticed that she wasn't attacking properly.

Sora kept on fighting but she closed her eyes and sighed for a second. She thought about the memories and faces of people; Destiny Islands, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, Noel, Sora, the woman with blue eyes and red hair, Mai's mother, Riku, Mai's grandmother and finally, Mai. When Mette opened her eyes, it was as if Mai opened her eyes, even though it wasn't really her. She opened her green eyes with a new kind of power. She opened her eyes, with courage, strength and determination.

Mai floated up to Ansem Seeker of Darkness and swung Mai's Keyblade like there was no tomorrow. She fought as if this was her last battle and as if her whole life depended on it. With the last bit of energy she released the light from both her Keyblade and bracelet, finally finishing Ansem.

The whole monster exploded and Mette fell into Sora's arms. Ansem appeared in front of them again but they all knew that he was going to die.

"It is futile. The Keyblade and bracelet both cannot seal the door to darkness." He turned to a door in the distance. "Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness…" The door opened slightly and there was darkness. Mette gasped at this and got off Sora. "Supreme darkness!" She placed a hand on her bracelet and Mai screamed.

"YOU'RE WRONG! KINGDOM HEARTS IS NEITHER DARKNESS NOR LIGHT. IT IS LIGHT AND DARKNESS!" The darkness was replaced with bright rays of light which blinded Ansem. Finally Ansem was done, finished, dusted off and dead.

They got to where the door was and saw Riku and the King. The silver haired boy was staring at the door and King Mickey ran up to them. Sora was holding Mai, with one arm wrapped around his shoulder and his arm on her waist. The little King ran up to Mai and bowed.

"Princess of Twilight." He mumbled and the heartless got off Sora. She held her left shoulder and placed her left hand on top of his head. He looked up and she shook her head. "What?" He asked clueless. The cyan eyed teen turned around and gasped with happiness as it returned in his eyes.

"Mai!" He shouted and ran up to Mette. He stopped in front of her and she stared at him blankly as he looked at her with a reassured smile. "You're okay! Mai!" Rin blinked at this and there was an awkward silence.

"Riku, meet Mette…" His smiled dropped at what Noel said.

"…Mai's heartless." Sora finished and Riku gasped at this as the tears brimmed in his eyes and slowly fell down his cheeks.

"No, this can't be true." Mette started to cry too but it was silent crying. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Riku, that bracelet she's wearing. All of Mai's emotions are in that bracelet. It's the only source that's keeping Mette living right now." Noel answered.

"That means Mai lives within that bracelet." Riku said and Mette looked up. She shook her head, took his hands in hers and pressed them against his heart. He looked down and then up at Mette's face. She smiled the same smile as Mai's as a tear fell down her cheek. She let go of his hands and took a step back but then something made her gasp. She touched her bracelet, the power; it was starting to dim. She took Sora's arm and shook it.

"What's wrong?" Sora asked and her face turned into one of pain. She touched her bracelet and gripped onto it. The brown haired boy raised an eyebrow but Noel gasped as he realized what was happening.

"Mette, snap out of it!" He took her by her shoulders. "Please, no!"

"Noooo!" Donald shook his head.

"Not now…" Goofy sighed sadly and Sora's blue eyes widened.

"Mai!" She fell flat onto her back and Sora and Riku rushed to her side.

"No! You can't leave now!" Riku shook his head.

"Please don't go." Sora whined and the tears kept on falling down the trio's cheeks. Her breathing came out in short uneven breathes. Her face was numb and her vision was started to fade away. "Mai, I need to tell you something. Throughout this journey I…" Sora begun and she shook her head. The red haired heartless lifted her hand to cup his face and she smiled for the last time. Then she muttered those last three words which echoed into his heart and then she was finished. Those three words she always yearned to say to him not just in dreams. Those three words which filled his heart with happiness yet regret. Those three words;

"I love you…"

The End… or is it?