Heart Strings

Posted: March 20, 2018 

Requested?: Yup

Words: 918

Group: Idol Producer

Member(s): Lu Dinghao

A/N: Okay, this one is really short and I'm so sorry...it's short and sweet. Thanks for requesting, anon and I hope you like it!

  ~*~  

Taking a deep breath, you slowly open the door and make your way in front of the judges. Since you were young, you've got a passion for singing and now, you have a chance to prove yourself of your talent. You had decided to audition for a couple of companies, including Banana Culture Entertainment.

All the previous companies have rejected you, unfortunately, and Banana is your last resort. You made a final decision that if you didn't get in, you would just take a break from singing and find something new.

You shove your negative thoughts aside and introduce yourself, the judges soon cueing you to begin singing. Soon, you lose yourself in the song and it ended much quicker than you had expected. To be honest, you are quite proud of this audition, as it is your best one so far. You bow and thank the judges as they tell you they will give you their answer in about a week or two.

Throughout the week, you constantly check your mail to see if you have gotten a letter from Banana. Finally, just as you are about to give up, you find a crisp, neat letter sitting inside your mailbox. You cautiously pull it out, afraid of the results. You carefully tear it open, pulling out the letter inside.

You scanned the letter quickly and your eyes settle on the giant "CONGRATULATIONS" at the bottom of the paper. You squeal in delight before rushing into your room and begin reading the full letter. You have gotten in and officially start tomorrow.

Excitedly, you call a few of your close friends and family, receiving plenty of positive responses. You sink into bed early, making sure you would be full of energy tomorrow to start practicing. You close your eyes, quickly falling asleep, dreaming of all the possibilities of your future.

"Good work today, y/n. You have great potential and I'll be looking forward to the next practice," your teacher smiles at you.

You bow, unable to hide your growing smile. It has been a few weeks since you began coming. However, you have not met many of the other trainees since you decide to solely focus on practicing your vocals before venturing out to meet new friends. To be honest, you have felt a little lonely practicing by yourself, but your skills have been improving steadily.

Since you have gotten positive results from today's lesson, you decide to end your practice a little earlier than normal to treat yourself. As you pack, you notice a thin, red string laying on the floor, traveling from outside the door to...your pinky.

You hold your hand up in shock. The string is wrapped around your pinky, yet you didn't feel anything. You look up from your hand, eyes trailing to the door where your soulmate may be. Everyone has a string of fate and you can only see it when you and your soulmate are near each other. However, you are a little confused. You have been here for a while, but you have never noticed the string before. Maybe you just never happen to come at the same time as your soulmate.

You quickly pack the rest of your things before following the string. Stepping out the door, you look up and spot a man running down. Just as he is about to turn the corner, you take in a deep breath and yell for him to stop. He does as you say and sheepishly turns around, the two of you meeting in the middle.

"Hey, uh...I think you're my soulmate," you stare at his pinky, where the end of your string is attached to.

"Yeah, to be honest, I knew that a while ago. I'm Lu Dinghao by the way," he smiles shyly, stretching out a hand for you to shake.

"Y/n. Also, what do you mean you knew? I've never seen you around," you shake his hand, a little confused.

Dinghao looks to the ground, suddenly finding great interest in his shoes. His cheeks are tinted with a light pink and he nervously rubs the back of his neck with the hand you had just shaken.

"You see, I actually saw you at the day you auditioned and I saw the string, but you were auditioning so you probably didn't notice. I was going to find you afterward, but you left already," Dinghao chuckles, "I thought I would never see you again, but I heard you practicing in that room a couple of times, but you seemed so engrossed, I didn't want to bother you."

"Oh, you should've just come in. I'm so sorry I didn't notice," you sigh.

"It's alright," Dinghao smiles.

"Uh, please let me make up all our lost time together," you mumble, wishing that you had noticed the string earlier.

"Well, it seems to me that you've gotten good results recently. Let's go celebrate," Dinghao gives a small cheer, pulling you into a warm hug.

"Ah, thanks," you giggle, hugging him back.

"Let's go! What are we waiting for?" Dinghao pulls away, his hand sliding into your own.

The two of you skip down the hall, hand in hand. You feel as if nothing can drag you down. You've finally gotten your dream life, finding your soulmate and being able to do what you love. The string of fate has certainly led you down to a good path.