Sick Day

Posted: April 30, 2018

Requested?: Yeahhh

Words: 1.2k

Group: Nine Percent

Member(s): Zhengting

A/N: I love him and I never want anything to happen to him. Plz love him and protect him y'all...anyway, enjoy this fic!

~*~

"Ugh, Ting, I think I'm dying. Just remember that I love you and–," you barely choke out before having another coughing fit, "Please, I just want you to be happy without me."

"Babe, you're so dramatic," you hear Zhengting laugh from the other end of the phone, "I'll be right there with some medicine."

"Ting, no! You'll get sick too and you won't be able to practice," you sniff.

"You're more important. Besides, It'd be nice to skip practice for once and get away from those rascals for a while," Zhengting chuckles.

"Ugh, you're so stubborn. Fine, if you're coming, then you'd better stay at least five feet away from me," you complain, coughing again.

"Sure, now get some rest. I'll be right there," Zhengting's soft voice calms you and you hum in agreement.

"Bye bye~" you whisper before hanging up.

Grabbing a few more tissues, you blow your nose before tucking yourself further into your blankets. The warmth soothes your throat a little and you begin to feel drowsy even though you had just woken up. Soon, you fall into deep sleep, dreaming about your lovely boyfriend, Zhengting.

Suddenly, in your sleep, you begin feeling warmer and warmer...way too warm. Your eyes snap open and you feel the sweat drip down your head, but you still shiver a little. Feeling a heavy weight on your waist, you try to push it off. Instead, you're drawn closer to the heat source and you groan, flipping over to your other side.

Seeing what it was, you shriek and push yourself away, almost falling off the bed. Zhengting must have had come when you were sleeping and slipped into the space next to you in bed. No wonder it was so warm all of a sudden because Zhengting had been cuddling you and your fever didn't really help.

"Ting, I thought I told you to stay away from me," you whine, sneezing a couple of times.

"You know I can't just stay away," Zhengting pouts.

"Ugh, don't blame me if you get sick," you grumble, rubbing your nose.

"Aww, hush. Now, I have some medicine in the kitchen. I'll be right back," Zhengting kisses your forehead before hopping off the bed and rushing to get your medicine.

You feel yourself blush from the kiss and from how caring and loving your boyfriend is. You squish your cheeks together with your hands, wriggling around, gushing to yourself over Zhengting. A laugh at the door brings you back and you squeak, pulling your blankets up.

"You're so cute, y/n. Here, eat up!" Zhengting laughs, holding up the small medicine cup to your mouth.

"Eww, it even smells bad, I can't imagine what it'd taste like," you groan, pushing his hand away.

"You have to eat it or you won't get better," Zhengting hums, giving you a bunch of kisses on your cheeks between each word.

You groan and look away, pouting. Zhengting simply laughs and ruffles your hair, making you complain even more. Folding your arms over your chest, you take another peek at Zhengting, finally having a proper look at him. He's sitting at the edge of your bed, smiling and though his eyes are hidden behind a pair of specs, you can see them sparkle. His oversized sweater engulfs him and they're tucked into a nice pair of black skinny jeans. It's like you're looking right at an angel or a fairy and you feel yourself blush just at the sight of your boyfriend.

"Are you blushing?" Zhengting laughs.

"No, it's just really hot because of my fever!" you whine, covering your face.

"Hmm okay," Zhengting chuckles, "But really, you have to eat this!"

"I know you went to buy it, but it just looks so bad and it probably doesn't taste good either," you pout, but begin to cough as soon as you finish talking.

"If you keep coughing like this, you're not ever gonna get better," Zhengting sighs, gently patting your back.

"Why don't you try it first and tell me how it tastes then?" you suggest, grabbing a tissue and blowing your nose.

Zhengting gives you a strange look, but it quickly turns into a happier one, making you confused. He chuckles a little before tilting his head and downing the medicine. You look at him in shock, your mouth dropping open, not expecting him to actually do it.

Suddenly, Zhengting's lips are on yours and you let out a small squeak when he pulls you in. You slowly melt into the kiss, completely forgetting that you are sick. You smile a little, closing your eyes and pulling Zhengting closer.

All of a sudden, you taste a bitter liquid in your mouth and you quickly swallow it, wanting to get rid of the taste. You shove Zhengting away when you realize that it was the medicine. You whine and weakly hit him a couple of times while he just sits back, laughing.

"You meanie! That was so gross," you cry out, lightly hitting his chest.

"You swallowed it though, good job," Zhengting gives you another kiss, effectively shutting you up.

You pout, folding your arms across your chest. Suddenly, you realize that Zhengting had kissed you which means he could possibly become sick now. Your tiny tantrum started again and you lightly pout his chest, making Zhengting chuckle.

"Ting, now you're gonna be sick!" you huff.

"Well, you'll take care of me though, right?" Zhengting jokes.

"Of course," you stop hitting him and pull him into a tight hug.

"I won't get sick, but even if I do, I know you'll take care of me," Zhengting chuckles, patting you comfortingly on the back.

You hum in agreement, closing your eyes and relaxing in Zhengting's embrace. He continues his rhythmic pats, slowly lulling you into sleep. You feel Zhengting kiss you on the top of your head and you smile just as you drift off into peaceful sleep.

"Y-Y/n..." you hear Zhengting's weak voice on the end of the other line.

"Ugh, Ting...are you sick?" you sigh, spinning around in your chair at your office.

"I may or may not be," you hear Zhengting chuckle and though he tried to cover the speaker when he was coughing, you could still hear it loud and clear.

"Alright, I'll be there soon, babe. I promise," you shake your head slightly, chuckling as you stand up to leave the office.

"Thanks," Zhengting says, "I love you."

"I love you too. Now, just sleep and wait until I get home, okay?" you smile a little.

"Mhm," Zhengting sleepily hums.

"Alright, bye~" you coo into the phone.

You hear Zhengting chuckle a little before hanging up. You giggle to yourself and step into the nearby pharmacy to pick up some medicine. Looks like you're going to have to take another sick day off, but for a completely different reason.