More Than Just a Job pt.2

Posted: April 27, 2019

Requested?: nope~

Words: 3.1k

Group: Stray Kids

Member(s): Jeongin (feat. JYP lmao)

A/n: Part 2 is here! If you haven't read part 1 yet, pls go read it. You guys have been asking for part 2 so here it is and I hope you enjoy it! I'm currently working on part 3 and I hope I can get it out quickly ;))

~*~

The blaring sound of the alarm rang. It was obnoxious and you just wanted it to stop, but you were too tired to move. Groaning, you tried to roll to face the other side and hopefully somehow block the noise out with your pillow. However, turning around was extremely difficult for some reason this morning and it was also rather warm.

Suddenly, you felt a tiny puff of wind on your face and your eyes snapped open. Your face immediately turned red and you shoved yourself away from Jeongin. However, you pushed too hard and you fell off the bed. The loud 'thud' and groaning woke Jeongin up.

"Oh my gosh, Miss y/n, are you okay?" Jeongin panicked, scrambling to the edge of the bed to check on you.

You whined and rubbed your back, trying to stand back up. Jeongin reached out to you and you grabbed his hand and he helped you back up. Wincing, you tugged at the waistband of your pants down to check if there were any bruises.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Jeongin asked again, looking away.

"Fine...I'm fine..." you huff, "It's just a little bruise."

"I have some ointment if you need," Jeongin hops off the bed and goes to search his backpack.

"It's okay. I'll be fine. Just don't sleep so close next time," you glared coldly at him, gently rubbing circles on your hip to prevent the bruise from darkening.

"I'm so sorry," Jeongin bowed and you disappeared into the bathroom.

As soon as you slammed the door of the bathroom closed, you slid down to the floor and placed a hand over your thumping heart. You didn't know why your heart was beating so fast all of a sudden. Perhaps it was the rushing adrenaline from falling on the floor or seeing someone so angelic first thing in the morning.

Shaking your head and scoffing at your foolishness, you quickly got ready for the morning and changed into your work clothes. You slipped into a satin, baby blue blouse and a black pencil skirt that hugged your body in all the right places. You brushed your hair and pulled it into a low ponytail, allowing a few strands of hair out to frame your face.

Staring at yourself in the mirror, you tried for a smile. You gave yourself a mini pep talk before walking out. Jeongin rushed in the bathroom as soon as you walked out, his head hung low, clutching his clothes and toiletries close to his chest. The door slammed shut and you couldn't help but feel guilty. You had no right to scold him like that, especially since both of you were asleep and unaware of your actions.

Jeongin stepped out of the bathroom soon after, dressed in a thin, gray turtleneck tucked neatly into a pair of black dress pants. He had on a matching black blazer and his hair was half-slicked to the side as usual. His usual smiling face was replaced with a slight frown and you knew it was you who put that frown on his face.

"Let's go," pick up your purse and slung it over your shoulder.

"Of course," and there it was, Jeongin's classic smile, masking away his sadness.

The elevator down was awkward, to say the least, and with the lack of presence of other people, the tension loomed over you and Jeongin, making it a little suffocating. The penthouse was at the very top so it took a while to get down. You couldn't stand the awkward silence anymore and cleared your throat.