Chapter 1-The First Encounter

Azulea's POV

"Azulea! Azulea!" someone shouted waking me up. I slowly opened my eyes. It was Diana my friend. She had blue hair and a purple fish body. She was alittle naive at times but charming,clumsy and cute. She was my only friend since forever.
"Let me sleep," I said in a lazy tone.
"It's morning," she said,"Get your mermaid ass up!"
I rose up out of my sea bed. Diana was sitting beside my bed.
"Let's go!" she said.
"I'm coming!" I said. We left my hut and swam into the Caribbean Castle of Mermaids. We're expected to meet there everyday. The Queen Adella was waiting along with all the other mermaids and mermen. Her golden shells and golden fish body glowed. She wore a golden crown and had the longest hair in the entire sea.
"Good morning your majesty," I greeted her with a bow. She nodded. Coralla and Alana glared at me while Diana took a seat beside her merman she loved so much.
"We are gather here today because I want to give everyone a warning. I can sense humanity very close to us. I want no interaction between us and them. It's forbidden and is not permitted. Enjoy the rest of your day," Queen Adella said.

Diana and I swam out into the vast sea. All different types of fishes passed by us while we swam.
"How is it going between you and him?" I asked Diana.
"It's going well but forget about me," she said,"When will you fall in love?"
"When I find the right person," I informed her.
"Hmmm...."She smiled. A small fish was trapped under a rock. She stretch her hand and freed the little fish.
"It doesn't matter anyway,"I added. Love could wait after all who says I need it.

I could see the land coming closer and closer. Queen Adella always said we must never go too close to land. I think it's from some experience she had. She hates humanity but I didn't. What could have happened to her for her to hate the entire humanity? No one knows.
"Shoot!" Diana exclaimed.
"What's wrong?" I cried stopping. Diana saw her boyfriend with one of the heartless twins. Coralla and Alana are the only two twins of the mermaids. They are cold and heartless. They hate both Diana and I alot.
"I will catch up with you," she called over her shoulder.
"Alrighty then," I said swimming away.

Suddenly, I saw a figure floating to the bottom of the sea. It was a human. I could sense trouble. I hesitated to help. What if I got in trouble? What if it sees me? I could hear it struggling to breed. I rushed forward and carried it up to the water surface. It's back was turned to me. As soon as it was able to catch it's breath the most surprising thing occurred. It spinned around to face me. It was a male human about my age. His eyes widened when he saw me and he gasped.
"You saved my life," he said while I stared into his blue eyes.
"I did," I answered about to swim away.
"Wait please!" he begged. I stopped and turned to face him.
"You're a mermaid!" he exclaimed.
"You're a human it's forbidden for me to speak to you," I said.
"I'm a good human," he said smiling,"My name is Williams."
"My name is Azulea," I said.
"I hope I see you again," he said.
"I hope not!"
"But why?"
"I will get into trouble."
"Thank you for saving my life. You know something, I can't swim."
I laughed at him alittle. He was shyish but really friendly. I wandered about all those things Queen Adella said about humans. He didn't show any of those qualities.
"Do you eat fish?" I asked him. He widened his eyes.
"Um..." he replied hestiating. I could see fear in his eyes.
"I won't hurt you but it's customary for mermaids to ask this question,"I informed him.
"I use to but I guess I will stop," he said. I took the time to surveyed the land. I could see the sun shining on top of the water.
"Azulea!" someone shouted from below the water. I froze and panicked. I stared directly into Williams' eyes.
"I've to hide you!" I said. I knew that voice very well it was Queen Adella.
"Your majesty," I responded launching back under the water.
"What are you doing out here?" she questioned.
"Um...I was catching some fresh air," I responded strutting.
"Really?"
"Yes your majesty."
Williams' was behind my tail. He giggled and the Queen looked at me alert.
"What was that Azulea?"
"My tail!" I lied. If she was to see the human who knows what she would do?
"Guards bring her closer to me let me investigate her tail," she informed the mermen.
"No your majesty," I shouted,"I just scratched it against a seaweed."
"Fine but be careful,"she warned. She swam away along with her security mermen. I took a deep breath. Williams emerged from behind my huge fishtail.
"Damn!" he exclaimed,"She is really strict. I guess I owe you one."
"It's nothing besides if she saw you then I would be punished."
"Can we be friends?" he blurred out. He seemed embarrassed.
"Sure we can meet here sometimes but under one condition."
"What's that?" he was smiling.
"Keep this a secret and only you and I should meet here," I informed him.
"Promise?"
"Promise!" he wrapped his arms embracing my mermaid body. I could feel this weird connection between us. His heart beat was beating at the same rate as mine but maybe I'm just hoping that. I gave him a smile before swimming away down to the bottom of the sea.
"Where have you been?" Diana said when I was below the surface.
"No where!" I said.
"Spill it," she said.
"And why are you smiling so much?"
"I just met someone," I said.
"Really Oooh! A merman?" she gave me that look.
"No! A h-" I hesitated. Should I tell her?
"A what?" she asked desperately trying to figure it out.
"I'm hungry!" I cried,"Let's go get some sea food."
"Whatever but you will eventually give in," she said.
"We'll see about that!"