Chapter 5- The Confession

Williams' POV

"How was school?" Dad questioned.
"It was ok!" I replied as he drove down the street.
"Just ok?" I could see the school disappearing in the distance and the different Negril hotels coming into view.
"Yeah! I made 3 new friends," I informed him. I didn't say anything about the bet.
"That's great!" he said,"Guess what?"
"What?"
"I got the job!" Dad replied. A smile spread across my face. From we came just a few days ago he had applied for a job at a hotel.
"Really!" I responded with joy.
"Yes! I started this morning after I dropped you off," he informed me.
"What do you do?" I asked.
"I do Life Guard duty," he answered pulling up into our driveway. I surveyed the sea for any sign of Azulea.
"That's nice!" I said getting out of the car while he did as well. He was really good at swimming and I wanted to be as well.
"How much do you get for income?"
"$ 20 000 every 2 weeks!"
"Wow!" I exclaimed,"That's a lot."
"Well it's because I also give swimming lessons to those lives I save. The hotel management really appreciate it."
"Ok then," I responded before heading upstairs to my bedroom.
I surveyed the clock on the wall. It was 15 minutes after 3 and I promised Azulea I would be in the water by 3:30. I quickly stripped naked while getting my swimsuit. I hurried to the bathroom but careful cleaned my body.

I wandered how Azulea would react when I tell her about the bet. After I had completed my bathe,I rushed downstairs into the living room. I mentally noted to check out the room on the left later.
"Dad!" I shouted. He was no where to be seen. There was a note on the television. I carefully took it.
Son,
I left to go shopping for dinner. U have a phone so text me if anything. PS. Be home soon.
It was from Dad. It was his crab toe writing. I read it before heading outside. I closed the door behind me. I had left a message on the kitchen counter just in case he got back before I did. I headed to the sand and sat near the edge of the water. The calm waves boxing up against my legs.

Azulea's POV

The entire day was a very rough one but I felt more relaxed when I sensed his blood in the water. I told Diana I would be back later and to cover for me. I traveled along the coast until I reached to where he was. When he noticed me,he carefully placed the sea star over his nostrils before leaping into the sea.
"Hey!" I said. Somehow ever since I met him. I felt so happy around him and it was kinda of true what Diana said. I did like him alittle bit more than friends.
"Hey!" he answered. He was alittle down.
"What's wrong?" I questioned.
"I have something to confess to you," he said very serious.
"What?"
"I-I-I" he shattered,"I wanted to make new friends and I foolishly bet on you," he confessed.
"What! Did you say anything about the sea star?"
"No!"
"What is the bet?"
"If I show evidence that mermaids exist I win."

I knew I should hate him for breaking one of the promise but I realized he was very sorry for it. I gave him a hug.
"It's okay!"
"You don't hate me?" he asked.
"No but if you ever say anything else, I might have to kill you," I warned. He chuckled.
"How about those swimming lessons?" he asked. We got right to it. I could see improvement in his swimming.
"You're getting better!" I said.
"Thanks!" he responded.

After that day we met everyday for the next 2 weeks. He and I practiced swimming. He was getting much better and we were getting more closer by each day.

On the Thursday,the second week of September, I decided to help him win the bet. I knew I would regret this but I trusted him.
"I will help you under one condition,"I told him.
"What's that?"
"If you bring me some land food. But make sure!"
"Thanks!" he said.
He took pictures of me and used it to win the bet. He was so happy.
"How did it go?" I asked him on the Friday evening.
"Great!" Here!" He handed me something of yellowish colour.
"What's this?" I inquired.
"It's called fries," he informed me.

It tasted sweet but alittle salty. He watched me eat it with a vigerous smile.
"That's all you got for me?"
"No come here," he said. I followed him. He was gaining well on the ability to swim but still was not perfect. I trailed behind him until we were on the shore. My tail and lower body was hidden while I laid against the sand.
"This is called a cupcake," he said handing me something. It was round and made of something brown called chocolate. It had a heart shaped toppings. It was delicious.
"Thanks," I said.
"Also with the money I won, I brought you something special," he said.
"What's that?" He bought forth a small square black box. I opened it and a pair of diamond and Sapphire earrings was resting on the soft fabric. I took them out of the box with a graceful smile.
"Ahh! It's so beautiful!" I complimented,"I love it."
"Thanks!"
"Your welcome."
"Won't you put them on me?" I asked. He took each pair and placed them in to the hole on my ears. The sunlight caused them to sparkle.
I stared into his eyes while he stared into mine. I could hear the breeze blowing,while the waves washed up against our bodies. I could feel this special connection between us that I never want to lose. When he left I traveled back to my hut but on my way I met a small surprise that was enough to push me over the edge.