Chapter 35-How It Ends

Azulea's POV
July 7, 2024 10:30

"You got everything?" I asked as I adjusted my dress.

"I think so," Williams said taking up his bible.

"Who's car are we taking?" Willy asked as the four of us walked out of the house all dress for church.

The question was met with silence then Adella replied.

"We are walking. It's barely half mile away. Besides we always find something to stop us but in the name of Jesus nothing can stop me from going to church today."

Hello Peps! A few months have passed as I'm afraid this romance novel must draw to an conclusion but first we will take care of one very important occasion and have my famous epilogue. Well then Peps let's get to church....

We walked down the path passing many large houses. My hand was entangled in my husband's. Adella and Willy was laughing at some silly joke as I smiled with Williams.

We turned a stretch around the corner on the pavement. Lastly we passed a big yellow mansion of 3 stories before reaching the church.

We pushed open the black gates entering the churchyard. We walked along side the yellow flowers and the lust green lawns it with held.

My eyes read the sign indicating Church Of God. The church was open with people sitting inside as the service began.

The church was built like any ordinary church with a cross in the top which formed a triangle shape.

We entered quickly taking a seat close to the front. I folded my hands on my black wrap skirt which I wore with a red blouse.

My husband and Willy was in a black jacket suit with Adella in a red strapless dress ankle length.

I made myself comfortable on the rough wooden board seats as the choir in blue and yellow began to sing.

"Jesus lover of my soul," they sang, "A great asset you are to my life. Bless me greatly as I worship you."

There voices were a perfect blend as their harmony rose for the chorus.

"Jesus Bless me Lord! Bless me! Oh Bless me endlessly! Endlessly! You're a friend of mine."

The entire congregation rose to their feets including me as we rock together.

As the song came to an end, we sat. The Pastor Shanae took the platform.

"Hallelujah," she said in her blue dress and her fancy yellow hat on her head. "Bless his holy name. God has done some much for me. If he has done so much for you too. Shout Hallelujah!"

"Hallelujah!" I shouted along with the congregation.

"God is good. He has done some much uncountable deeds in our life to make them better. If there is one thing God did for you this morning is wake you up. He gave you life. If you're alive this morning shout Amen!"

"Amen!"

"On this holy summer Sunday turn your bible to the first psalms of David."

Williams turned his bible to Psalms 1 as we shared the book. We inched closer into each other's comfort so as to be able to see the book more clearly.

"Could I have a volunteer to read this first Psalms for us?" Pastor Shanae asked. After a moment of silence a young lady stood up from across the aisle.

She was in a yellow dress with her blonde hair short lengthened reaching on her shoulders. She held a small black bible in her hand. She smiled as the pastor nodded for her to begin.