Chapter 13-Arranged Marriage

External Narrating

*Flashback

When Azulea was 12, she got obsessed with the concept of marriage which she lead her to make the one choice that she would regret in 4 years. At the time her friend Diana's mother was getting married. This touched Azulea.

"Adam," she said to her boyfriend, one night on a 13th of the month. "What if when they find a match for me and it's not the one?"

"You will just have to live it through my love. Unless you would rather to plan ahead..."

That gave Azulea and idea. "Let's draft up a commitment form that if we meet again in the future on a 13th and there is a eclipse then we get married and will have to be together no matter what."

*Flashback over

Which they did by the way. And brings us here....

December 14, 2018 8:38

Azulea woke up to shouts outside of her hut. She carefully tried to make out the voices. Which she did.

"Marriage?" Williams voice said.

"Yes to Adam. Didn't she like tell you too?" Diana asked.

"I guess she didn't think we were important because clearly she's out of her mind."

"Why would she make the commitment in the first place?" Williams asked trying to make sense of everything.

"Because I was in love with Adam and I still I'm,"Azulea said.

And it should be noted that this was the wrong choice of words because I don't know if they are exactly true.

"Really? You know what it's fine. You know something I'm leaving. I don't want to see you ever again Azulea." With mixed emotions, Williams swam away.

"You're really unbelievable," Azuleo commented bitterly before leaving as well.

"And here I thought you were growing a think for that human. Pathetic," Diana commented and she was gone.

***

"So have you made your decision?" Queen Adella asked folding her hands.

"I have," Azulea said slowing.

"And?" Adam added.

"Let's do it."

Adam had blue vibrant scale  which stood out and a for a merman a good shape. His body was muscular with his upper body light tan brown. His eyes were blue and his lips pink.

"Then let's get to know each other a little more because the wedding has to be soon according to the rules."

The news quickly spread through the entire village by midday. Adam and Azulea however spent the entire day catching up.

The two went deep out into the sea and explored the outer part of the village.

"So where have you been?" Azulea inquired as they sat at the singing girl spot.

"I was in the other village."

"The one close by and across from us?"

"Yea, that's the one. But why?"

"Do you know my mother Bella?"

"Bella?" His eyes seemed frightened for a moment but Azulea felt she was just overwhelmed. "I guess so anyways tell me about you?"

"I lived in a hut not too far off from here with Azuleo and Williams."

"Azuleo is your sister if I remember but who's Williams?"

Her heart skipped a beat at the mention of his name. "No I can't think about him anymore. I'm getting married," she told herself.

"He's my friend but no one is talking to me now since this happened."

"Everything will be alright," he encouraged her. He then lightly stroked her hair clearing it from her face. "I love you Azulea."

"I love you Adams."

It should be noted that even with the passionate kisses that took place. There was no fire just a ball of lust but Azulea didn't want to admit it.

"It just doesn't make sense," Williams said as he ate his seaweed cereal.

"I don't get it either and I am her sister," added Azuleo who also was eating seaweed cereal.

"What I want to know is why the hell 4 years after a little made up agreement you're going to get married. And why hide it?" added Diana who was eating seaweed sandwich.

"Well if they are happy then we can't do a thing," Williams admitted.

"You're right," Azuleo said. She had a plan all lined up for this. "Let's leave them be."

"Well don't think she wants to leave us be tough," said Diana glaring at Azulea in the doorway.

As Williams glanced at her, he suddenly felt hurt. He really was growing feelings for her and was planning on telling her soon.

"Guys I'm sorry," she apologized with everyone completely ignoring her. "I just got caught up in the moment so much on my mind and I forgot to tell you guys. I'm sorry."

"You know what Azulea we hope you have a good marriage get out of my hut," Diana said irritated.

"By the way, Thanks for being such a good friend," Williams said ironically," Do enjoy your wedding. I can't believe I will have to miss the ceremony but I'm leaving. I wish I had never met you in my life."

Ouch! That's gotta hurt and it did. Deep down Azulea was hurt but as I said before too blind to point it out...anyways I'm meddling too much. But I should point out that meddling caused the next event.

"You know something, The Queen is Williams' mother," Azulea gossipped to Adam.

"What!?" He said. They were cuddling by the coral reef.

"But don't tell no one."

The Next Morning...

The Daily meeting was a drama.
"Why did you hide this from me for so long?" William said to Queen Adella.

"Hide what Williams?"

"That you're my mother." This was met with some gasped.

"Is this true Adella?" A member of the high council questioned.

"Yes!," she said bursting into tears, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

"I can't believe you. Does Dad know?"

"Since recently."

"You're unbelievable mother. I don't want to ever see you again."

"Williams?" she cried as he furiously swam out of the castle.

"The meeting is dismissed," she said on the verge of tears. She kept sawing flashes of that night and hearing the voices in her head. "Adella!" She remembered it all too clearly.

That's it Peps...see you in the next chapter and welcome to the love triangle of Azulea, Adam and Williams. 🔺🔺🔺

Vote, Comment and Share
😘