Chapter 8-Doubles & Triples

Hello Readers,
I'm about to continue this story but a few changes. The narrator pov will be included in the story in bold. The story on a whole will be written in different points of view and also external narrative sometimes. If you have any claries reply right here.

____________________________

Azulea's POV

December 10,2018 7:30 am

The sun glared through the rock window of my house. As usual I was to meet with the Queen but today I was a little delayed. She hasn't find out about Williams yet and I was hoping to keep it that way.

I ate my seeweed sandwich. That's how it's called in human land right? Williams had given me two slice of breads but they get really soggy under water.

As I took my first 3 bites, there was a knock at the front door. I glanced in its direction. Could it be the twins? Ever since that day they have been blackmailing me frequently.

I opened the door and my mouth dropped. "Who are you?" I asked.
I felt as if a mirror was before me. Her face had the same bone structure and shape as mine. Her hair was black and curly compared to my blonde hair.

"I'm Azuleo," she said with a smile. "I am your long last twin sister."

Oh brother it should be noted that here was were the drama began.

"Oh shoot!" I exclaimed,"I'm late for the meeting. C'mon!"

I swam vigorously out of the rock hut with my sister in pursuit. Mermaids say its good to  be the centre of attention but I realized how wrong they were.

"Azuela-" a merman said but stopped mid-sentence. He glanced from my twin to me with his eyes of confusion. From him to others in the castle gave us confused glares.

"We look so much alike," Azuleo said to me with a smile.

As the meeting began the glares slowly reduced but only for a brief moment. As Queen Adella started her speech, Coralla rose to her feet in the hall and created a scene.

"OMG!" she screamed pointing in my direction. That was when we really got all the attention.

"Azulea and ....," Queen Adella voice trailed off she was shocked, "Please speak to me in the other room briefly."

I took my sister's hand and we sail to the other room.

"Who's this?" Queen Adella questioned.

"Azuleo," my sister answered," I'm Azulea's sister. Twin actually."

I mentally pointed out how she didn't say your majesty or any formal words.

"Where have you been Azuleo?"

"I was in a village across from here," she said in her italian tone which I realized was her normal voice. "I was raised there and I was told about Azulea by mother."

"Mother?" Azulea questioned in confusion,"Mother is dead!"

"No she's in the village."

I will pause here to explain their mother had two different tales about her life. One story said she died when the singing mermaid disappeared and the other Azuleo's story was that she raised Azuleo.

Williams' POV

Same Day 8:15 am

I was outside with dad as he had decided to redecorate the house today.