Chapter 7-The Kiss

Williams'POV

I rolled out of my bed. It was a Saturday morning and I was elated by the fact that I had no school. I headed into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth while glaring at my refection in the mirror. I wondered what Azulea had planned for us today. Even though I have Adam and Jody, I was closer to her. I felt free and wonderful whenever I'm around her.

I changed into my swimsuit and headed downstairs into the living room. Dad was watching a sports program on the television. He was comfortably seated on the brown and black dotted couch.
"Morning Dad!" I greeted him. His head twisted away from the television to my direction.
"Morning son!" he responded.
"Aren't you hungry?"
"No!"I answered fidgeting with my waterproof black watch.
"Why is it everyday you go swimming?" he questioned. He got me thinking of an answer to respond with. I couldn't tell him about Azulea and even though he was the best dad in the world I couldn't give him a ego boost by telling him I'm following in his footsteps.
"Um."I said. Just then the side he was supporting scored a goal. I smiled. It took all his attention from me which was a wonderful thing. I left the house and dived into the water. I waited for Azulea to arrive. The water was pretty cold and it was getting closer to Winter season. I knew mermaids and mermen could survive through that season but I won't get to meet Azulea at all. I bit my lip in frustration. She really cared about me and she met me well.

I listened as the water bubbled before me. Her long beautiful body and her glowing mermaid tail swam closer and closer. I felt this strange feeling. My heart rate was increasing. When she saw my face,she smiled at me.
"Hi," she greeted.
"Hey!" I responded. Since I could manage to swim on my own I trailed along her side. I wasn't prefect yet but aleast I was okay.
"Where are we going?" I inquired.
"It's a surprise!" she responded giggling.
"Is that so?"
"Precisely!"

The sunlight reflected upon the water. I could see the nice white sand and coral reefs. Small fishes passed by going on with their respective businesses. Where ever we were heading I could tell it was a long journey. I was about to ask Azulea if we were going in the wrong direction when I saw the most spectacular thing in my life. I had to gasp.

We stopped at a section in the water where different colours mixed together to form a shape of a goddess mermaid. The white sand created something like a plane. It was decorated with flowers of white and gold which I never saw before in my entire life. It was a quiet and peaceful place. But as I listened I could hear someone singing. It was a very sweet melody.
"It's beautiful!" I complimented. Azulea took my hand and sat me down before taking a seat herself on the white sand.
"Thank you," she responded. The sweet melody grew louder.
"Who's that singing?" I questioned. It sounded like a little girl but then like Ariel. It was so prefect that it was hard to ignore. No matter where I turned my head I couldn't see anything or anyone except us.
"No one knows for sure," Azulea explained,"but many years ago there was a mermaid with the sweetest voice ever. She could turn any unhappy fellow joyful. One day she came out here singing when she was caught in a fishing net. She was never seen again but her voice still remained with us."
"Wow!" I said. I was honestly touched by the story.

Both of us soon started playing around. We drew in the sand which was no use because it would eventually disappear. We sang along with the melody. We danced while playing with the coral reefs nearest to us. I was having so much fun and so was Azulea. Eventually we got tired and sat down to rest. We were so close to each other. I wrapped my arms around her neck which she had no issue with.
"Hey!" I said ackwardly,"Have you um... ever kissed anyone before?"
"No...why?" she chuckled.
"Well I kinda was wondering what it would feel like to kiss a mermaid," I said nervously.
"Me too. I wondered how it feels to kiss a human?"

At that moment we stared into each other's eyes. Her green pupils made her so attractive. I couldn't resist her. Without knowing what I was doing I wrapped my hand more firmly around her neck. We drew closer to each other as our lips crashed together. I felt my heart pounding. I felt so alive. She was all I wanted. Her lips were just prefect.
"How did that feel?" she asked nervously.
"Amazing!" I responded. Without hesitation she kissed me again and I kissed her back.
"I liked it," she said.
"I loved it," I replied.

We were staring into each other's eyes not wanting to look away. I can't really explain the feeling in my body but it
If I had one word to use and sum it up that would be love. I had something for her. That kiss met something to both of us.
"Was that your first kiss?" I asked.
"Yeah! You?"
"It is!" I responded. It was true. At age 15, you won't expect a boy to still have his first kiss protected but I wanted to save it for someone special. I didn't want to just give it to anyone. Here in the sea,I found the perfect person to give it to.

After that day, we met the next day again but we didn't kiss again we just talked. We were getting so close but unfortunately something was going to break us apart.

Tyler's POV

"I don't think this is a good idea," Andrew foolishly said.
"Who cares what you think? We could be rich," I said.
"Let's do it!" Cory said.
"Yeah! Let's kidnapp that mermaid," I said.
"But what about Williams? Won't he get in the way?" Andrew asked.
"Leave that to me," I said with a smile. I had a plan and it was a full proof one too.