Prologue

The sun shines brightly through the window pane that makes me rose quickly in my slumber. It is still the same as it was before – locked in a cage with walls and even the entire ceiling of our cage is covered with force fields and underground with metal plates.

Is this still called living? This question bothers me the most every time I wake up and every day I live. The definition of life undergoes a three-hundred-sixty-degree turn, repeating itself with just a certain amount of time.

I have nightmares when I fall asleep – pictures of my comrades being slaughtered hunts me. I can't count how many were they, and it inflicts a lot of pain. Still, I continue to endure this until today, and to the day that I'll die.

I wear my brown cloak and put my daggers on my belt and my gun on the left pocket, I started the engine of my car and was ready to go. I drove my way to the headquarters located at the center of this spherical-shaped cage or known as the dome

I can see the HQ floating in the air with a road connected to the ground. The magnetic field powers the structure and it helps to secure all of the survivors and designate them from the rest of the creatures. Not everyone knows their true nature – people or rather survivors are known as preys, ready to be eaten and slaughtered.

It has been over three decades since I've been in paradise – a life that had been so promising and senile. Now I am living in a virtual world, created by machines projecting artificial reality amongst the world we live in.

My car stops at a tall building, covering the rays of the sun omitted by the magnetic fields of the facility. I could see my comrades arriving with their provided cars given by the HQ, but why there were only three cars arriving?

Headquarters has always been a pain in the neck. It's hard to drive back and forth repeating the same process, I can't even rest nor give a damn.  This isn't called living; it isn't called suffering either.

Every person in this facility lives here for a reason. Crowns are the people who are responsible for the facilities of the remaining race of mankind, Vanguards are for guarding the gates, Alchemists are for treating the wounded, Tinkers are those who specialize in technology. 

As for me, I am one of the Crusaders – specialized people against the creatures which spread havoc across the entire nation.

That catastrophe still puzzles humanity, leaving the state dismayed, questioning what has future set upon them?

My homing device fluttered red from my arm. I hurriedly touched it and a series of holograms set out. These holograms warned that danger was afoot, but there was one that caught my eyes. The facility was breached, and most of the workers inside of it were all dead, even my comrades, which I have always feared.

I rummaged through the contacts list, hoping that everything was alright, but then, I was wrong. Five of my comrades were only seen, the others were already gone.

A huge explosion then blew up from the force field that protects the structure of the dome. Leaving a huge hole, a cluster of giant biohazards went flying inside the dome, ready to feast on each prey they see. I was perplexed while I watched their arrival until I came to my senses.