Chapter 25: Tenebrous Coronation

HEY! 

I'm too psyched up the last hours, I couldn't help but roll over my bed until it was morning. 

This is Chapter 25, the section's favorite chapter. Want me to spoil you?

Nah, just get on with the story. ;)

---

Princess Cassiopeia's POV:

The sound of the servant's shoes clicking on the hardwood floor is echoing inside the room. It was the only disturbing sound, no one bothered to say a single word, as if it was a sin to make even a slightest noise.

I sighed heavily, knowing that it was a very sad time for all, most especially to my brother. The number of Crusaders is slowly peeling off and it can't be helped. It's only natural to lose someone as we fight but this became a tragedy for almost all of us. Even though I only know one or two things about my brother's comrades, I'm still affected by the fact that she died for us.

"How do you like your hair to be done?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Anna, the youngest servant I have, talked. She was wearing a plain beige dress up to her heels with her hair in a bun. She looked pretty, I must say.

I'm sitting in front of my dresser, getting ready for the prepared coronation today. All of the servants inside my room were busy fixing everything at the last minute. I'm slightly nervous, I admit, but it was overcome by sympathy and sadness. My heart aches for everyone. I may be a cold and heartless princess on the outside, but I also feel sad. 

"Whatever you think it would look good on my gown," I slightly smiled at her, assuring that it is okay to do whatever she likes on my hair. "As you wish, your Majesty."

Today, my mother, who is also the queen, will be passing her crown on me. I'm going to be the next queen, but I don't feel like it. The atmosphere is thick enough to realize that it is not the perfect time to perform the coronation but we need to continue this since it has been planned way back.

I sighed, again, feeling a little bit tired even though I had enough sleep. I looked at my reflection, slightly satisfied with my hair. Anna did well styling my hair, I thought. The color of the dress and my hair brought the light hue of my eyes. I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my dress, feeling every bead of it.

The door creaked and noticed that Anna left and was replaced by my brother, who is proudly looking at me.

He smiled, "You look lovely," He patted my shoulder as I looked at him on the reflection of the mirror. I smiled back.

"Are you nervous?" I shook my head. He shifted his attention to my room, probably admiring my paintings since that's the only thing I love doing and can only do.