Chapter 1: Lifeless Lowlands

A-1 Macsinner's POV:

A fiery rumble from my motor came out of its muffler. I loaded up my guns inside of my motorcycle and put my daggers inside both strap on belts on my thighs. My things was all set and we were ready to go. Not just because of Thimmesch – who was always behind schedule – we already hit the road.

I hated every time the authorities gave errands. Each time they send us out in groups, which I do not need because I can work on my own, but still, they pair me up with such dimwits that spoils the work that has to be done. I really hate this get-up. I was a resemblance of a retarded mother, waiting to let their butts scolded out from their throats.

I saw Thimmesch walking through the hallway with a bored look, his hands inserted in his pockets while yawning at his utmost mischief.

I didn't much care. I rode my motor and drive off the headquarters. Clicking a switch from my motorcycle, a hologram of the coordinates flickered out from the handlebar.

It was 90km far from the headquarters. It wasn't distant, whereas it is just diminutive for the Crusaders. I wasn't sure about the Tinker and the Alchemist who were along. This was a new protocol from the authorities – a Tinker and an Alchemist is required to be inside one's party of Crusaders – for the reason that traces of life forms were tracked in certain zones that may assist both legions in their researches.

At the upper left part of the handlebar, an icon fluttered signals continuously. It was a call from King. Finally, one to talk with sense.

I flicked on my earpiece and soon answered her call. I could hear the engine of their vehicle rumbling through the rocky path we're all been taking. I looked behind and saw that they were close by.

"Glad that we found you!" King exclaimed. I can't deny, the reception was too shifty and rough, that we can't hear what both lines were directing.

"Well if it wasn't because of..."

"Yeah I know," she cuts off what I was about to say. I rolled my eyes in discomfort, but I have no right to restraint her decisions. "I'm sorry, do you know where we are headed?" She asked.

"Try looking on your map," this time I rolled my eyes.

"It has no label," she replied. I looked again at the map and saw that she was right. "Maybe because it only has coordinates, or it would show up later." There are instances which each coordinate given has no specific name or title, for it just pops out if we're near its perimeters or it has no name at all. 

An unexpected blare of a woman abruptly alarmed me from a distance. I turned my focus from where the scream came from and even told King about what I had heard.

A massive fallen tower in a prairie field marks the dull meadow of the dead. Beyond the tower lies a cluster of survivors that were besieged by a mob of biohazards: levels one and two.