Chapter 18: Decrypting Cryptograms

I decided to post this early. School's coming up, so I need to finish this before summer ends. 

Anyways, enjoy!!!

---

Dr. Nosbusch's POV:

It was 6:20 in the morning when I heard the clock ringing. I still felt sleepy and made it stop ringing. Around 6: 30, I heard the ringing again so I got up and fixed my bed.

While I fixed my bed I saw a piece of paper that has a motivational quote about life. It made me felt happy and determined because of what was written on it. After reading it I prepared my lab gown and headed straight to the bathroom, to wash up and get ready, when something suddenly appeared from my homing device. It showed a message, indicated that I needed to direct to the Intel department immediately.

Without reluctance, I washed up my face, arranged my hair and brushed my teeth to avoid bad breath as I go straight to work. I wore my casual dress and put my lab gown on top of it. I had no choice, the dress was the first one I saw.

I drove off immediately to the Intel department as my homing device blinked multitude of times. Darn it, I guess it's really urgent.

I dropped my keys into my pocket as I arrived. 

I ran inside the Intel department and directed to the laboratory, as the one indicated in the message.

Cryptographer Ahndrea and Professor Montgomery were already inside. They stared at me harshly as if they wanted to rant about why I was late, and in fact, they did.

"You're late." Cryptographer Ahndrea scolded.

"My apologies." I bowed to her.

She pulled me closer and let me sit down at the tables. The tables were full of Life forms, projecting various codes that are yet to be decoded.

"Oh, now I know where this is going," I smirked.

These could be easy, luckily the cryptographer got access to my homing device.

When I was three years old my father taught me how to read the cryptographic codes and how to hack a computer, on the other hand, my mother taught me stuffs about medicine and when I was five, I already memorized the cryptographic codes and the different types of medicine.

When I was nineteen, my father told me that he will send me to the dome and help the legions to find the antidote for the virus, but I only ignored him because I thought that it was a joke. After a week my mother told me to get a car and direct immediately to the dome. That was the last time I saw my parents. Up until now, I don't know what happened to them. I chose to become a doctor, instead of a cryptographer. It suits me best than being a cryptographer, although I memorized the whole book, I still pursued on being a doctor, yet I was still labeled as a Tinker. It's complicated, isn't it?

"Let's start!" The cryptographer said. I smiled at excitement.

They have given me three capsules at once. Woah, my first task, I got three immediately.

I tapped on the projected codes to enlarge it for better sight.

The three had various codes, and their time limit was already scarce, I need to decode it before the gaseous substance scatters inside the capsule and might kill the Lifeform.

Grabbing a pen and a sheet of paper, I wrote down what the codes were. They were as shown respectively:

 They were as shown respectively: