Chapter 22: Audiovisual Inspection

Hey! I'll try finishing this. 

Enrollment starts on May 7, so I need to finish this off immediately. 

Again, thank you for your love and support for Necro. I give you, Chapter 22.

---

Eng. Valorium's POV:

I rested my chin on the palm of my right hand while the other is busy flipping the papers one by one. The Tinkers entering and exiting the room caused the wind chimes to create a soft sound, it was indeed a hectic morning. The whole Intel Department was busy working at the life form and I'm busy checking the new updates from the tinkers. The papers piled up as my eyes scanned it carefully.

I'm was assigned to check the cameras from last night's ball, as well as reviewing the activities of the whole staff in the palace. It's a hand load, but I can manage since I have the whole team with me.

"Ulysses! Check the main camera," I was interrupted by the sudden noise. My attention drifted from the paper to Pola followed by the continuous beeping sound of the computers. "Someone reported that the alarm went off at the entrance of the palace."

I put the paper down and quickly got on my feet. "On it," Ulysses nodded. He pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose before getting on with the sudden work given to him. Fingers tapping rapidly on keyboard filled the surveillance room as I shifted my weight on Pola's chair, thoroughly looking at their monitors. I furrowed my brows.

I already checked that floor and I found nothing. What's happening?

"The main camera? I can't enter the system, something's blocking it!" As Ulysses announced, another alarm went off and it's from my own computer.

The red note indicated something was wrong and the blasting of the alarm shook my body as I immediately sat down and did my work.

"The center camera's alarm also went off," I calmly told my team as I tried getting into the surveillance camera. Although I felt like my heart was about to explode, I kept my whole body calm. Both of that room was filled with people clumped with the four Legions.

My heart started beating faster when the computer denied my attempt at accessing the system. What the hell is happening? No one can easily hack those cameras, it is protected by microchips that only the Alchemists and Tinkers can only enter that through a secret password. I wasn't oriented before, wretched orientations.

I was about to hit the table when Pola talked, "Miss, I successfully accessed the main cameras and it looks like there's nothing wrong." After saying that, a green update flashed on my computer screen indicating that I also entered the system.

"There is no evidence that someone broke into the palace entrance and it clearly showed that Nurse Kross was utterly calm." 

"Maybe it is just a false alarm? A bug perhaps?" Ulysses concluded.