Chapter 26: The Golden Serpent

Sorry for the late update. I haven't got time because mother's day is coming up close.

Anyways, enjoy!

---

A-2 Thimmesch's POV:

"Did anyone bring their weapons with them?" King asked to the others. They all nodded and a frown danced through her lips.

"Engage battle! We have a traitor." My eyes widened when she sounded the cue for the troops. I glanced from behind, trying to guard myself with the remaining pieces of wood. Congregates surrounded me and it was like I'm a suspect in an arson case.

"What is this all about?!" I turned to King. I look on her picturesque eyes.

"Are you sure you don't know what this is all about?" She straightly said that straight to my eyes with a solid voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I answered. I'm still looking at her, I can see behind her black aura, the placidity of her spirit. I know her well through these days. I don't act obviously as possible and whatever I felt should not hurdle my disposition. "Come on Thimmesch! Don't act like an innocent solitary!" Congreve yelled out of nuisance. King gave me a stern gaze and left me there, standing dumbfounded. I'm sorry, I thought.

The day before the coronation I overheard that Princess Cassiopeia has one of the rarest power amongst the people inside the Legions. I wanted to know what the power was.

"I have a plan," I said while in front of the mirror. Before the coronation I am going to make the crowd go crazy then while they're panicking, I'm going to shoot Princess Cassiopeia in the arm with bullets of discharged tranquility, which will make everyone think that Princess Cassiopeia had collapsed during the killing and I will be the one who'll carry her. Instead of bringing her into her room, I'll bring her to one of the isolated places, outside the dome. Yet I needed a diversion, and I had one. Congreve. He was programmed to kill, and I have overheard this from the General. I grinned and studied about how to reboot his systems. Another diversion was the rebellious Crusaders.

My plan worked perfectly as I saw how Congreve killed those civilians. Congreve's merciless programming was onslaught. The innocent civilians died without them knowing, and it wasn't my problem, it was Congreve's.

The rebellious Crusaders were placed at the different sides and corners inside the palace. They were hired as my minions, and I have the power to control them.

"Congreve, what's wrong with you?" I shifted my gaze to the one calling. I could see that Morningstar was closing in, and her eyes were furious like it wanted to give motif or something, like the extent to kill or to more likely, attack.