Chapter 3: Seeking Reinforcements

Crypt. Steffen's POV:

I rummaged through the computers and tried contacting Macsinner and her group, but it was no use. I tried calling several times, minute by minute, but they've already engaged battle. My sweaty hands directly wiped my entire face – even though my lenses are still on - the tension made it worse, and all I had to do was spectate their encounter.

Ten minutes later, Martha was struck by the biohazard and fell to the ground, and I could feel the unbearable pain she's undergoing. Some of her comrades helped on bringing her away from the biohazard, but it kept on attacking them. I was about to report this to the authorities when suddenly something appeared inside my lenses.

...___...

It is a code sent by one of Macsinner's party members. They require help. I grabbed my stuff and rushed towards the Intel department. As I rushed to it, I saw Professor Romanight, busily dealing with his inventions that can help the Crusaders at battle. 

"Professor Romanight, I need you to accompany me on deploying other crusaders who can help Macsinner and her party," I said while panting – maybe I need more physical activity so that I could avoid these vigorous breathing.

"Wait just a sec," he was still focused on his inventions.

"Hurry!" I widened my eyes and looked at him thoroughly.

"Whoa, it might be really urgent huh?" He said. It's kind of unusual to see the Intel department empty, early in the morning. Where are the others? Are they gone or still asleep? In times like this, we need to be on one's toe monitoring the Crusaders outside to help and provide assistance to them. I understand Dr. Nosbusch's case. She was deployed by the authorities, I can't deny that.

"Where are the other Tinkers?" I don't want to think a lot more so I already ask him on their whereabouts.

"All the Tinkers are out, they were with the Crusaders and the Royal Bloods, while the others are testing their inventions," he answered and still, wasn't looking at me since he was too busy polishing the details of his work. I need to find reinforcements to assist Macsinner's party, if not, they'll be dead in a minute. I considered on calling the three lieutenants, mainly the three Class SS. First off, Lieutenant Gold.

I controlled my lenses using my mind, for this device was connected to my brain – accessing everything what you think and put it into action, yet it still has limits. Going back – I edict the device to call Lieutenant Gold and her hologram appeared, seeing her training her troops without any weapons. 

"Hello, Cryptographer Ahndrea!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, Lieutenant. I will be straightforward onto my objective on why I made this call," she nodded so I continued speaking. "We need help. As long as I could see that you're in the middle of training, I apologize for that, but I really need someone to deploy to help out Macsinner's troupe. So, are you in?" Asking her with my pleading voice.