Chapter 11: A Futile Encounter

A/N: Hello again, I'll be updating only one chapter per days of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm really sorry about the slow updates, I literally have to find a connection to make sure that I get to update these chapters. 

Anyways, enjoy.

---

Crypt. Montgomery's POV:

A new species of Life form has been discovered, and I for one, hadn't ample time to focus on it. As a Tinker, I am less thrilled to find out what it looks like. I clicked on the picture that has been sent. My eyes widened and my heart pounded. I've expected it to be rare, but it looks more like an ordinary flower.

I set up my computer and turn on all the screens to start formulating a new type of technology that may help the Alchemists on creating the cure. As I was in the middle of encoding, a raspy voice of a man suddenly spoke from the speakers.

"Cryptographer Montgomery, please direct to the office of the HQ immediately," said the man from the speakers.

I put the information that I gathered into an encrypted file and headed straight to the office of the HQ, leaving my desk with all the unfinished business. While walking down the hallway, I thought about the things I had in mind before. What is it this time? I've always been called inside the office of the HQ for unbearable reasons, this was my second time around.

I directed to the HQ, which is two blocks away from here. My chart wrapped inside my arm while I walked hastily. The people inside the HQ are stern, which has always bothered me.

I reached for the buzzer beside the entrance of the HQ, which the man from the speakers asked me to proceed. I ran towards the elevator and clicked the floor where their office lies in.

The man who called me turned out to be Dr. Hernnstein and he told me to sit and wait for someone I needed to be with. I asked him why he needed me, but his mouth was shut. I waited for a couple of minutes. The doctor offered me a cup of coffee, and I gladly accepted his offer.

As I calmly drank my coffee, someone burst open the door without knocking. I accidentally spilled it on my lap. I was about to shout at her when she suddenly asked the man how was the search for her partner.

Dr. Hernnstein told the young lady about what she asked earlier. This girl was two inches shorter than me if I presume, with long and wavy locks, which charmed her little face. Her pale lips fitted the color of her hair. With her pale skin and rose like scent, men would drool over her beauty, even women.

"Excuse me, doctor? Who is my partner anyway?" I discerned that she's fluently speaking in a French accent. I tried to look at her face again and I noticed something familiar.

She noticed that I was glancing at her from time to time. She turned herself to face me and asked me why I kept on looking at her. "Do I have dirt all over my face?" She continuously asked.

"No... there's nothing on your face... it's just, you're kind of familiar." I stuttered, I mean it. Yes, she's beautiful, yet intimidating the other way around.