Chapter 20: Betrayal

So, Chapter 20. One of the collators wrote this, I too loved how she wrote it. I'll add her account and name later on.

---

A-4 King'sPOV:

I dropped my plate from the huge explosion I've heard earlier. I heard people screaming and they went on a rampage. I ran near to the explosions and tried searching for clues of who did the attack.

As I moved closer to it, I could smell something inside the gaseous substance. It is somewhat contaminated by something poisonous that may bring side effects to the one inhaling it.

As I went near the ashes, I saw shadows who wore the same as what we wore. I noticed some guests seeking sanction while they covered their lips and nose, avoiding themselves on inhaling the contaminated gasses. I grouped them and told to follow. I guided them to one huge room with a metal door enough for their safety.

I must admit that I left some people behind but they were all unconscious, I can't carry all of them at once. I tracked the attackers down sneakily, hid from the gaseous smokescreens.

I saw this one alchemist cornered by the group of unknown entities. I tried to run sneakily towards them so I can save him.

I ran as silently as I can, but a tall armored mob raised his sword, acting like he was about to kill the Alchemist.

In a quick advance, I grabbed my twin guns, Lineage and Legacy. I focused to get the right range and spot the man. The bullet quickly slashed his neck. I stopped in the middle as I watched in horror. I can see the man flashed an evil smile, an expression that I used to see upon starting our expedition.

I was stunned at what I saw, I know that I should get used to it. In our missions as a Crusader, there can be times where we cannot save everyone.

I took off my mask, it was blocking my sight. The sound of gunshots from every direction startled me. Glass shards were distinct on the floors; luckily I wore heels, it didn't bother me that much. I ran near the group of unknown entities and stabbed two of them and their fatal parts. They all fell on their feet and the thumps of their bodies were loudly heard. I'm the queen of stealth remember?

I could see someone's blade slitting three unknown entities. Glancing on my rear left, I could see that it was Thimmesch. His frost blades were too distinct at the smokescreens. It glinted brightly, snow as white.

"Thimmesch!" I exclaimed. He glanced at where I was and he saw me. He let out a soft smile of relief upon seeing my presence.

As I leaned closer to Thimmesch, I saw bodies, lying unconscious. 

"What is it now?" Thimmesch complained. "I don't know." I loaded up my twin guns as we inched the gap.