Chapter 13.2: Death in the Laboratory

A-5 Smith's POV:

I went back to the office of the Intel Department late night after returning home. I left my keys inside the department which made me direct there immediately, just to retrieve it.

Upon entering the Intel Department, I could see trails of somewhat dark rosy colored drops on the floor.

It continued to one specific room of the Intel Department.

I didn't dare to follow it, however, curiosity struck fear inside me. I crouched to get a clearer vision of the spots and it turns out to be blood stains on white tiles. This can't be.

I followed the trail of blood until I came up to a slightly opened door of a room. It was the laboratory, which the Tinkers place the Life forms that transmits light codes, waiting for them to be decoded.

I got an eerie feeling about this as I recalled the note I decoded last time we had a mission.

I could see that there was still a person inside the Intel Department, even though it was late. I could see that it was Prof. Koltz, so I decided to talk to her to lift up the eerie feel of the atmosphere.

"Professor. It's late, why not go home?" She had no response.

I inched closer to her and tried calling her again. Still, there were no responses from her.

This can't be...

I leaned closer to the chair where the professor was sitting. I turned the chair to make it face mine. I doubted what I've done. No, it can't be.

The dead body of the professor was seated on the chair. She held onto a placard which contained the following: DEAD IN THE LABORATORY.

This is what I was afraid of. It's true, the code was a warning, but why professor Koltz? And how? I answered the code. How did she die at some rate?

I eyed her body again. Her neck was slit open, blood dripping down from it. She lost an eye and she had several stabs in her body.

How could someone do something so brutal?

How could this be?

The uncertainty saddled the uncanny thoughts I've been handling these past days, which consumed both of my cognizance and sentiment. The puzzle pieces are fractionally divided, and these are slowly showing.

First, Prof. Koltz. What could possibly happen next?

---

Hey? 

I guess y'all been wondering why I keep on separating this chapters into two parts. Well, I just feel to have it separated for all of you to feel the tension. Don't worry, it's just for these two chapters. I really wanted to have fun with it.

Well, this part wasn't particularly written by the past author. I wrote this part of the original "Chapter 13," alongside with the other authors, and yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed. Bye again. 

You thought this was over? 

Comment down the word "UP," and if it reaches to 20 comments, I'll post the next chapter. 

Mehehehe, do it while it lasts. Mwah!