Chapter 19: Masquerade Ball

Here's Chapter 19, enjoy!

---

Nurse Kross' POV:

I walked through the garden of beautiful flowers, a very simple yet elegant look was the first sighting. Well-trimmed Bermuda grasses surrounded the bluestone path. I took a glance to my right side, there I saw different bunches of flowers under the tree where radiant colors brought elegancy.

Birds were chirping on the tree. The sounds of it were very relaxing. As I look to my left side, I saw a pool surrounded by bluestone tiles. The water was very clear, it had an aquamarine feel to it like I can swim under the stars.

Some flowers were planted in small pots. The arrangements of flowers were harmonious like a stylish pergola. The water of sprinklers was dancing. Butterflies were flying above the harmonious flowers. I was busy looking at the view until I reached the fountain in front of the big door.

The freshness of its water made it sparkled like crystals and swayed softly. I walked towards the door that has a natural foliage of hanging flowers in front of the grayish sapphire which arched the double doors.

"Simple yet sweet, charming like paradise." A smile arched on my lips.

I entered the palace that was assigned for me to organize this night's masquerade ball. I carefully went inside to make a surprise visit to the hired people if they were doing the tasks I assigned to them. Surprisingly, a scruffy floor was seen.

"Seriously, you did nothing when I wasn't around?!" I shouted.

Their heads turned slowly to my direction. Nervous and frightened eyes flashed into their faces. I gave them a disappointed look where they felt sorry for what they did.

"It's really 'NOT' a big event," I said, full of sarcasm. All of them apologized for what they did and arranged their scruffy looks.

"Take this seriously! This is not a playground for you guys to be goofing around. We have a big event this night. Now, chop-chop!" They cleaned all of the mess that they did. I glanced at my left side and there I saw the others arranging the tables and chairs.

They were busy doing their own tasks. On the left corner, the others were busy preparing the foods and stuff that we need tonight. I was just helping and guiding them so that they could finish everything easily and they could also prepare for tonight.

Time flew fast. "Perfect!" I exclaimed after we finished everything. They awed in excitement and thrills.

"Now, all of you can change and prepare for the ball." I volunteered that I'll stay inside so I can watch over the food and wait till the darkness lurks in. 

They were all excited and whispering about the ball that made me shook my head while smiling. They all left.