Getaway - Stefan

You guys had just survived the Mikaelson coming back to town and you needed a break, just to be normal teenagers for once but since you were dating Stefan Salvatore normal wasn't really in your everyday vocabulary. On top of all the supernatural you all had just had school exams so there was added stress in that. But in the latest fight you had hit pretty badly hurt, since you were human everyone told you, Elena and Matt to stay behind which you guys didn't like because you wanted to help fight. Somehow Klaus managed to find out do he and some hybrids came to the boarding house.

Flashback
You,Elena and Matt were just sitting in the boarding house bored "I wonder how it's going, have yo heard anything" Elena says but Matt shakes his head "haven't heard anything for a while" you start to get worried "do you think anyone's hurt" I say not really wanting to know the answer "I'm sure everyone's ok" Matt says taking yours and Elena's hand. Suddenly the door gets kicked down and in dimes Klaus and some hybrids "oh look at this all the humans together. They didn't really think this through did they" you guys jumped up and Matt moved you and Elena behind him "what are you doing here" says Matt "well I want to get through to the Salvatore's and both of their girlfriends happen to be in the same room, and I'm sure they would be devastated if anything happened to them" suddenly you got ripped away from Matt and into the arms of one of the hybrids, he had one arm around your neck and the other around your waist. Elena and Matt looked terrified "let her go" Elena said "alright. As you wish" he nodded to the hybrids holding you, then his claws appeared and he swiped at your side, you screamed in agony as you fell to the ground. Klaus and his hybrids zoomed out and Elena and Matt rushed towards you. You were loosing a lot of blood, "Elena call an ambulance" he said as he took off his flannel and pressed it saint your side "come in Y/N stay awake please" he was crying then he heard sirens and breathed a sigh of relief.

Third POV
Stefan and Damon were running back to the boarding house to make sure you guys were ok but what they didn't expect to see is an ambulance. They both looked at each other but then they saw paramedics carrying someone in a stretcher, followed by a botched faced Elena and Matt. Damon rushes to Elena but Stefan doesn't see y/n "Matt where is she?" And he points to the Ambulance

You were in hospital for a week because they wanted to check your wounds and make sure you don't damage the stitches. The whole time Stefan was sleeping in the chair next to your bed, he blamed himself for what happened to you even though you kept telling him it wasn't his fault.

"Well miss y/n it appears you are free to go" you smile and say thank you. Sit up ignoring the pain on your side, you stand up and grab a hold of Stefan's arm, he's got your bag and leads you to his car. "Wait what about the hospital bill, I need to go in and pay it"
"I already have" Stefan says as he smiles at you
"Stefan you didn't need to, it must have cost a fortune" you say taking his hands "Well you are worth every penny and it's the least I could do. If I hadn't been so caught up in fighting  I could've protected you" you kiss him "it wasn't your fault Stefan. Ok it wasn't" he looks at you finally believing you then he helps you into the car

As soon as you got into the car your eyes closed and you had a nap because of your medication, Stefan looked at you and smiled because he knew it would make the surprise better. When your eyes fluttered open you noticed you weren't at your house or the boarding house you were at the Gilbert lake house, you turned to Stefan "why are we here?" He smiles "I figured after everything that has happened recently we could use a break to get away from everything so I asked Elena if we could stay the weekend at the lake house and she gave me the keys" you turn back to the lake house reliving all the memories of you and Elena as kids playing around while her parents cook. You give a sad smile "this is amazing thank you" you give him a quick peck then you slowly get out the car, you head to the boot to help Stefan with the bags but he moves them away from you "nah ah you have to rest I can get them. No heavy lifting for you" you smile and reach for them again but he picks them all up and walks away. "I said no" you laugh as you close the boot, ignoring the pain in your side.

You settle in the lounge with a blanket over you as Stefan finishes the fire then moves and sits beside you wrapping his arms around your shoulder. You rest your head on his shoulder "this is just what I needed, I wish everyday could be like this" you say. You look up to Stefan "but I don't think I would enjoy that because I would miss all the mayhem" you giggle and that makes Stefan chuckle "I think it would always find you as long as your with me" he turns to you and strokes your hair "I wouldn't have it any other way" you say and you lean in for a kiss.

Later you are getting ready for bed, Stefan is changing in te bedroom and you've changed and you are just taking off your make up. You absentmindedly lift up your top to look at your scars in the mirror, you still have massive bandages on them. Whilst you are looking at them you don't notice Stefan standing in the doorway with a solemn face looking at your side, he can't help shaking the thought that you got hurt because of him, that he failed as your boyfriend to protect you, he promised to you an himself he wouldn't let anyone hurt you. He thinks he failed.  You turn your head to see him looking at your side with a sad face. "Hey, what's wrong" you said taking his face between your hands "I failed you, you got hurt and I wasn't there t-" you shake your head as you kiss him to make him stop talking "it is Not your fault Stefan Salvatore, it is the stupid hybrids fault ok, I do not blame you, it isn't your fault, and you have done the opposite of failing me. Ok?" You say looking into his eyes and he nods. You wipe his tears "I love you Stefan, you can never fail me". You wrap huge arm around his neck and you hug him, he hugs you back tightly, you let out a small whimper as e touches your stitches and he immediately pulls back checking if your ok. You laugh at this, you are so lucky to have someone as caring as he is "I'm ok" he looks up at you and he leans in and you make out slightly " I love you so much y/n and if I see that hybrid again I'll kill him" you laugh " ok if that'll help you sleep at night then ok. And I love you too"