I'll let you go - Enzo

Inspired by a Jeremy imagine by LoveToWrite133 she is such a good writer I love her books go read them and show them some love!!

You and Enzo have been dating for two years, you know each other inside and out so you could tell instantly when something is up. For the last two months he has been very distant, you don't hang out as much. He will come in real,y late at night and leave early in the morning. You decided that you would leave him for a while because you trust him to come talk to you when he is ready, but he hasn't yet. You've noticed he has been getting really close to Bonnie but you just thought it was a close friendship, you've confronted him about it and he said they were just friends and she had reassured you that is all it is. But your not sure if you believe him, you see the way he looks at her, the way he used to look at you. He seems so at ease when he is with her but when he is with you he acts very awkward, like he doesn't want to be with you. Even when he kisses you or cuddles you or showing you any sign of effects on, it's like he is forcing himself to do it. Just a quick 'good morning' or 'good night' sometime you even get a quick ' I love you.' You've talked to Caroline and Stefan about it and they said I should talk to them so that's what I'm going to do.

I've had long day of work day at work so when I got home I heated some left overs up and just sitting at the dining table and Enzo enters, we smile at each other and he is starting to head to the bedroom but I speak up "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" He nods slowly then comes and sits down next to you, he doesn't look at you he just looks at his hands which he put the table and starts fiddling "look, I can't tell something is up, I've felt it for a while" he looks up at you with a mix of shock and confusing "you have?" You nod " and I thought I would give you some space, thinking you would come to me when you're ready. That was two months ago Enzo, its like I don't even know you anymore" he looks down at his hands, like he's gonna cry "so I want you to tell me what's wrong, I'm here to listen". He takes a shaken breath "I I think I'm in love with someone else" you nod "Bonnie?" He looks up at you with a shocked face "h h how do you know?" You smile and stroke his hair "I've seen the way you look at her, the way you act around her. They way you used to with me" he finally looks into your eyes "I'm so sorry y/n, I still love you so much, b but I love her too" you give a sad smile and wipe his tears " If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved me, you wouldn't have fallen for her" he leans into you and you hug, the first real hug in a while "Go to her" you say and he looks at you with a mix of happiness and sadness " I want the best for you Enzo, and if that's not with me then that's ok. I'll let you go" he stood up and goes towards the front door, he stops and turn back to you, gives you ins last smile before heading out the door.

He gradually moves all his stuff out and goes into a rented apartment, you try and stay friends but you gradually just drift apart.

3 years later
You had moved out of Mystic Falls once you broke off with Enzo, it wasn't because of him it was just you wanted out of there. To start new and you did. You got a great job, you had met loads of great people you event met your now husband Jamie, he is so sweet and so kind and normal. He is human but he knows about the supernatural so he understood everything you went through, you two were like two pieces of a jigsaw you just got on so well. You had dated for two and a half years before he proposed, you were just sitting in your shared apartment when he got down on one knee. It was so sweet, his parents love you so they helped you plan your wedding so it only took 5 months. It was the best day,you invited your family and friends from where you live now and mystic falls. The whole gang except Enzo because he declined which hurt you a little. You got to catch up, they approved of Jamie and you guys had a great time, you got to catch up with Bonnie as well "So how are you and Enzo?" She takes a breath "there never was a me and Enzo, I didn't have feelings for him" you nod and hug her "how is he?" I ask but then she says "I don't know because after I turned him down he went mia, I think he left mystic falls" which took you by surprise, you kinda thought he would come to you if he needed everything. As a friend of course. But you didn't let that ruin your night.

Anyway you were out with Jamie one night and you were just strolling when you saw a familiar face "Enzo?" He turns around and sees you hand in hand with your husband 'Y/N? Wow this is a surprise how are you" you hug and say "I'm good but how have you been, Bonnie told me what happened and she said you just vanished. What happened" he looks down then says "yeah just like you I needed to get out, clear my head. Get over heartbreak" he looks at you when he said the last word, then he turns to your husband and says "you must be the husband. I'm Enzo a close friend of Y/Ns sorry I could make the wedding" they shake hands and Jamie speaks up "it's ok man and it's always great to meet my wife's friends" you smile as he kisses your head "So you seeing anyone?' He ask Enzo " Um no actually I've decided I wanted be single for a while but I've been in a few dates here and there and there is this one girl I'll try and see again" you both nod then you say "well we have to go because we are going take his brothers for dinner. But it was nice seeing you Enzo, text me so we can meet up sometime" he nods and says "I'd like that" you both hugs then you walk away. He watches you walk away holding hands with your husband, wishing it was him but he whispers "I have to let you go"