You meet him after you break up - Tyler

You and Tyler dated for a year and it was a good relationship but then he developed feelings for Caroline so you let him go and you wanted him to be happy. Even though it pained you to be happy with someone else, you didn't want to be the cause of his unhappiness, you loved him to much to do that.

It has been a few years since then and you have tried to move on with other people, you have been on dates with a few amazing guys but you never felt anything more than a crush. You can't seem to fully get over Tyler. People always day your first love is the hardest to get over and you truly never really get over them. But you thought eventually over time you would but whenever you are on a date with a guy your mind always goes to him.

You kept in touch with the girls because you were best friends and you didn't hold anything against Caroline. You also grew a lot closer when Elena got put under Kai's spell. And you were very surprised when she told you that they weren't together anymore, because when you and Tyler broke up he told you that he was in love with Caroline, and she was with him. But she told you that they just drifted apart and that he had moved out of town and nobody has heard from him since, even Matt.

You had also moved away form Mystic Falss on a business trip and you messaged Matt asking if you could stay with him which of course he said yes. So when you arrived you got to catch up and spend some time together before some of your meetings. The next day you had to leave his house early for a meeting and you were arriving back at his house you walked him to here Matt talking and when you went in the kitchen to him that you were back the person he was talking to was facing away from you.
"Hi Matt, sorry to interrupt I just came to say I'm going to freshen up then we can leave when your ready" you turn round then a familiar voice made you stop
"Y/n?"
You turn round to see Tyler standing in Matt's kitchen
"Tyler.... long time no see" you laugh slightly
"Yeah it has, how have you been? Heard you work for a big company now" you don't know what to say to him, you want to tell him how you feel but you don't want to seem desperate
"Um yeah I'm based in New York, I'm the assistant to the CEO, working my way up. What about you?" He smiles
"I'm between jobs but not much. I always knew you would be a successful business women, you always work hard for what you want and not afraid to do what it takes to get in" you look down not sure what to say. You are about to speak up when Matt interrupts
"Hey y/n if we want to make our reservation we have to leave now p, and I hope you don't mind I invited Tyler to join" your hearts starts to race and you nod.
"Yeah that's fine, excuse me for a moment while I freshen up. You race out to room and rush into the bath room trying to slow down your breathing. You laughed at your self, you are s strong business savvy women why are you stressing over a man.
"Pull your self together Y/N" you say as you step into your room to change quickly

So far the lunch went well, you made sure to sit next to Matt so it wasn't awkward or you wouldn't do anything stupid. He excused himself so it was just you and Tyler
"You trying to avoid me"he asks smirking, you start to blush and look down "no why on earth would you think that" you laughs "well ever since we arrived you have done everything to avoid talking to me" you look down "sorry, it's just I haven't seen you since high school and I didn't want it to be awkward but I guess I made it more awkward" "no it's fine I understand" you both sit there then you say something immediately regretting it
"So, you seeing anyone?" He looks away and sighs "no I'm not, I haven't really found anyone since me and Caroline, even then we never really got on like me and you" you two locks eyes for a moment. "What about you?" He asks and you shake your head "no, I've been on a few days but none of the, made me feel anything like the way I feel about you" you look at him then you realise what you said. "Y/n" he says as you look down so he doesn't see your tears " sorry I have to go get ready for another meeting, excuse me, tell Matt I'll see him later" you fumble with your things and you walk towards the door but you feel a hand gently grab your arm and you turn around to see Tyler. "Wait, please. I know when we broke up I hurt you, but you being the great person you are put my happiness before your own like you always do. But even when I was with Caroline it never felt the same like when we were together" you look into his and see the pain, tears still falling. He wipes them away and you don't know what to do "Tyler... I don't know what to say. I will admit I haven't been able to get over you. But something is stopping me" you looks down and smile "I know I hurt you, and I want you to be happy because you deserve to have the best life and if that's not with me then I'll have to accept it" you look at him then you say "I'm only in town for two more days" you reach in your bag and hand him your business card "if you are ever in New York, give me a call" you smile p. You lean in and kiss him on the cheek and leave.