Prologue

Genesis,

"If I don't get some food in my stomach then somebody is going to turn up missing

"If I don't get some food in my stomach then somebody is going to turn up missing."

I groaned as I followed Serenity, my best friend, around the Ralph Lauren store. The plan was for her to exchange some shirts that she just got for Christmas, but instead we've been at this shopping center for three consecutive hours.

"Chill, kimbo slice, I'm ready to check out." Serenity says as she grabs another v neck t-shirt.

Serenity and I have been friends since High School when I first moved down to Henderson, Nevada. Back then, I sort of stayed close to my cousins—Logan and Wyatt—until Serenity and I got grouped together for a project one day. Since then we sort of bonded instantly.

"And why the hell you park so far away? It's too damn cold for this." Serenity spat as we headed out to the partially full parking lot.

"Don't act like you don't need the exercise." I teased as I pulled out my phone from my back pocket seeing I had a message on my Instagram account.

Grinning, I knew it couldn't be no one other than TJ. He was the only person I communicated with through the social media app. Even though we have each other's number, since we originally became friends through the app it became second nature.

LuvaboyTJ

Yoo, where you at?

Just left the mall with Serene. Why?

I'm in the area. Meet me.

"TJ's in town." I gushed as we got into my Lexus. TJ was like a close guy friend to me.

A little after my break up with Raheem, TJ followed me on Instagram and messaged me about how much he liked the content of my page. Which eventually he told me it was code for him saying how attractive he thought I was. Though, I didn't know TJ's intentions when he messaged me; the conversation started off very casual. Before I knew it, he became some one I grown to love talking to. His personality and mine equally vibe off one another and he has help me with my heart break.

"So now I have to be a third wheel again?" Serenity kiss her teeth.

I laughed. "What? I thought we all had fun the last time. TJ likes you!"

"Okay but he really likes you. Your radar must be off sis, because he is definitely feeling you."

"Whatever, TJ knows I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I spoke, mainly to assure myself. "Anyway, he's going to meet us at the Burger Joint." I say while tapping across the screen, writing the message.

Sometimes I do feel as if TJ likes me more than a friend. That's why whenever he wants to hang out I always make sure it's someone else around with us; just to prevent any awkward encounters. If it wasn't Serenity it was Logan, if it wasn't Logan it was Wyatt but I only used Wyatt once since he ditched me the minute he saw another female.

Dating The FameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara