Chapter 6: Cravings

Genesis,

It felt like I dragged my feet throughout the clothing store as Sevyn kept grabbing several dresses holding them up for my approval. As much as I wanted to focus on my date with TJ tomorrow, my mind keeps wondering back to Chris and our kiss. It's almost sickening how desperately I want to kiss him again.

"What about this one?" Sevyn held up a black dress that ripped on the sides. I shook my head and aimlessly picked through the rack as Sevyn kissed her teeth. "Okay, what is up? That is the eighth dress you've turned down in this store alone."

I sighed as the frustration on her face was evident. I knew if I didn't speak to somebody about it, I'll be stand-offish all day.

"I need to tell you something." I nibbled on my bottom lip. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Genesis, you know of my secret with Bobby so what makes you think I would snitch on yours?" She huffed.

"Okay, okay." I sighed as we sat on the lounge chair next to the dressing room. "Last night after Top Gulf, Chris and I kissed." I kept my eyes on her in search for a reaction. I expected her to blow up on me but instead she pursed her lips.

"Tell me everything."

Nodding, I told her all of the events that took place. Only thing is I left out all the personal stuff that Chris confided to me. I figured he told me those things because he trusted me, and more than anything I didn't want to break his trust.

".....but it's like when his phone went off I snapped into reality and I never felt so guilty. TJ would be so hurt I mean they are basically family." I exclaimed feeling a headache growing from the stress.

"Listen," Sevyn started as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "Believe me when I say it's best to just forget it happened at all. You don't need to get caught up with Chris when you have TJ who is obviously feeling you."

I raised my eyebrow, "Are you saying Chris isn't feeling me?" She shook her head.

"What I'm saying is, I know Chris. He's not in a position to be in another relationship when he keeps jumping back to his past ones. Genesis, I like you alot and I hate to see you ending up like..." She dragged as her eyes fell to the floor.

"Like Jasmine?" I questioned. She shrugged.

"And those before her. All those girls felt what you're feeling only because Chris was just trying to fill a void. Trust me, babe, I'm only telling you this so come Sunday you can focus on TJ. Didn't you come down here to give him a chance and not Chris?"

I sighed knowing I needed to hear this coming from someone eventually. Only because I know TJ deserves so much more than someone toying with his feelings. Though Sevyn words were motivating and persuasive, it didn't compare to how his kiss made me feel.

"Alright, I hear you." I stood up while dusting off my clothes. "We should probably grab all the clothes you picked out for me to try on too." I chuckled dryly.

"Thank you! Because I know I got good taste and I started to question yours..." She rambled on as I shook my head. I needed to shake this guilt and nerves away. For some reason, I'm more nervous to see Chris today than anybody. What if he regrets it all? Better yet, what if he tells TJ he was only testing my loyalty.

After shopping in Beverly Hills, Sevyn took me to get some lunch before she dropped me back over at Chris' house. When she picked me up this morning nobody was awake. Now it's half past three which only meant everyone would be up. Sevyn honked at me as she mentioned she'll see me later tonight at the party. I nodded and made my way inside hearing muffled talking and laughter.