Chapter 32: Kick off

Chris,

Genesis twisted her face up before making her way back upstairs. I know she's probably upset with TJ being around but I had planned on talking to him anyway. It's not going to be any drama on this tour and I'ma guarantee that. Scratching the back of my head I went back downstairs where Hoody and TJ found themselves in the kitchen.

"Why y'all popping up so late?" I asks while opening the fridge for a bottle of water.

"You told us to holla at you when we land," Hoody retort while popping sunflower seeds in his mouth. I pursed my lips.

"I meant like a text nigga."

"But you just said yo phone is dead." TJ pointed out, I kissed my teeth.

"Anyways," I waved off. "Y'all staying at the crib?"

Hoody nodded. "We was on the way there but wanted to see how your new crib coming along. Shits dope, bruh."

I shrug, "That's all Genesis." She really had a eye for what she was doing when she said she wanted to design this place.

"Speaking of, what's up with her? She can't come down and speak to a nigga?" TJ asks as he points upstairs.

I paused, looking at him skeptical. He actually wanted Genesis to come and speak to him? I should be happy he isn't being hostile towards her but it just didn't sit right with me. I'm not going to lie and say that knowing they slept together doesn't bother me because it still does to this day.

The fact that neither one of them told me makes me wonder what else went down between the two. I guess it's safe that I don't know though because at the end of the day, TJ's the homie and Genesis is my woman. I got love for them on two different levels and I like having them around.

Shaking off the feeling, I shrug once again.

"She doesn't feel well." I lied, while crossing my arms over my chest.

"She still hurt from when she got beat up?" Hoody asks.

"She was jumped man–not beat up." I rolled my eyes.

"So? I know this one girl who fought off two girls at once," He says before turning to TJ. "Remember that one episode of Bad Girls Club we watched—?"

"Nigga only yo ass watch that shit." TJ waves him off. "Only nigga I know to watch that."

I shook my head. "Anyways, she's good. It was three girls and they all got charged with assault. One of them is actually doing time because it's like her third offense."

"That shit crazy. I read somewhere that she was put into a coma afterwards," TJ adds.

I pursed my lips. "Well she wasn't." I say sternly. "But look, I'm not sure if the tension between y'all eased up yet but try not to push her buttons, T. I want y'all to be cool."

"I'ma be cool," He responds putting his hands up in surrender. "I respect you and your girl."

He smirks as I nod, not wanting to question it or discuss it any longer.

"First show in Vegas right, what time we leaving?" Hoody spoke up after a few seconds of silence.

"Noon." I yawn running my hand over my face.

The one time I do feel like sleeping at a decent hour, they wanna be up and talking like I won't see they asses tomorrow.

"Aight, we ain't gon' hold you Breezy. Send us the location of the meet up spot for tomorrow."

I nod as both Hoody and TJ dap'd me up before leaving out the front door. Once they left I locked the door and jogged upstairs and into the bedroom. I expected to see Genesis sleep but instead she was actually up and snuggling a pillow while picking at her nails.