Chapter 11: Mine

Genesis,

I rolled around in the bed as the sun peeked in from the windows. I've always loved the feeling of waking up in fluffy hotel sheets, but I have no valid reason why. I could hear the water running in a distance which further let me know that Chris was in the shower. I sat up and frowned seeing ass the mirror against the wall revealed my wild mane of a hair.

I threw the sheets back as I started to fix my hair and face before Chris would come out to see how much of a heavy sleeper I am. I combed my fingers threw my hair while using my hair tie to pull it all together. Through the corner of the mirror I notice by my side of the bed was a plate of fruits with glasses of orange juice.

The plate was filled with bananas, grapes, strawberries, kiwi and pineapples but what caught my attention was that it was put together to word "be mine". I smiled to myself while slightly blushing. Chris then came out the bathroom in his boxers, vocalizing in his own little world. One thing I have learned about him is that he is always singing.

"Chris." I giggled earning his attention causing his eyes to light up once he realized I was up.

"Wait! Before you answer, I want to give you my phone. That way you can go through delete any girls number or do whatever girls like to go through..." He mentioned as he handed his phone out to me. I snickered while giving him a questionable gaze which made him nod. "No more games."

"No more games?" I furrowed my eyebrow acting sarcastically surprised. He kissed his teeth as I laugh and handed him back his phone. "I trust you. I mean isn't that the first step in a relationship anyway?"

A wide smile spread across his lips while in one swift movement he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulled me into his embrace before pressing his lips against mine. It caught me by surprise as I pulled away, slightly embarrassed.

"I should really brush my teeth before you start kissing on me," I inquired as he chuckled. I skipped off to the bathroom realizing he went ahead and grabbed my bag full of essential from out of my trunk.

"Hurry up and get dress. I wanna go somewhere today." Chris called after me causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"Go where?" I asks while peeking out the bathroom notice he was now fully dressed.

Chris shrugged as he began checking something off of his phone. I took that upon myself to finish my morning routine and to throw on something simple. I was finish no later than twenty minutes but Chris still sat intrigued with whatever was on his phone. I flopped down in the seat in front of him and pursed my lips.

"Helloo?"

His head shot up, "Oh my fault, baby, you ready?"

"What were you looking at?" I asks nodding towards his phone. He stuffed his phone in his jean pocket and flatten out his lips.

"That was Jamal telling me how TJ says he's moving back to Virginia."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "When?" Chris shrugs.

"He left for LA today to pack up his things and will leave by the end of the week."

Since the argument last night, Chris claims to not even care for TJ anymore. But I could tell the whole situation hurt a little bit. They've been friends for forever, and they threw years of friendship away over me. Talk about intense.

"Wow, I'm sorry." I frowned as I glanced down at my lap. It was bad enough the two of them got into a petty fight last night. I just hope all of this wasn't somehow my doing.

Chris sighs as he stood up and took his hand into mine, staring down at me. "You don't gotta apologize for nothing. If anything, he needs to come up here and apologize to you for hurting you like that." I shook my head, dismissing the idea.