Chapter 7: I Am Not

The night before

Chris,

I pursed my lips as Robyn had changed from one outfit to another, as she model to me for my opinion

I pursed my lips as Robyn had changed from one outfit to another, as she model to me for my opinion. As much as I love watching her get dressed and undressed, I couldn't sit here and act normal.

"Listen, I know you didn't invite me over here to watch you change. When are we gonna talk about us?"

I watched as she spun around and began fixing herself in the mirror, completely ignoring my question. This is probably our sixth time meeting up since last year and every time I get so caught up in being with her, I forget to ask what any of this mean. Now, tonight, I clearly wore my heart of my sleeve since I needed answers. Robyn knows I love her and want to move on and I know she loves me all the same.

"Rih." I called after her as she waltz back into the bathroom to probably change again. Sighing to myself, I stood up from her bed and stood at the doorway blocking her in. "Robyn."

"Why do you want to do this now? We're enjoying each others company."

"Yeah but for how long? I can't keep meeting up with you then go weeks without speaking to you like it's normal. It's not! I love you and I wanna be with you, hell, I want to marry—"

"Stop it!" She huffed while pushing past me. "We can't be together and you know dat." She frowned as her accent slipped.

"Why? I thought I've proven to you that I don't give a damn about my image."

"Yeah, but I care about mine." She sniffled as she crossed her arms across her chest. "Chris, I love you but this will be our last time together."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "W-wha, why? Baby, listen to me.." I reached out for her as she stepped back and opened the night stand drawer. I raised my eyebrow as she pulled out a vanilla folder and threw it on the bed.

"I asked you to meet me here because I didn't want bad blood between us," She started as she narrowed her eyes at me all while I stood confused. "Truth is, there is someone else. We've been hanging out and working on music together and my team really believes he'll boost my career."

I stepped back as I listened closely to what she was telling me, my eyes still reverting back to the folder.

"So he's for business.." I cleared my throat in hopes that this is what she is trying to tell me, instead she shook her head.

"I've grown to really like him. Starting tomorrow we'll make our first public appearance together; to start over. Along with that, my team also made me agree to legal terms." She nodded towards the folder indicating for me to open it. "You'll be served some time tomorrow."

I furrowed my eyebrows and picked up the folder which was extremely light. Robyn watched me intently as I opened the folder and pulled out one of the three papers that was on file. It didn't take me much scanning before my heart shattered into a million pieces.