Chapter 38: Mistake

Omniscient,

Officer Malik and Officer Westbrook strolled into the private investigating room where they had Chris–patiently–waiting. Chris cocked his head to the side watching as one white officer came in while the black followed. Chris knew that the black officer was most likely a Uncle Tom so he had no reason to confide in any of them. Chris also knew without a doubt that he's innocent but this isn't his first time being questioned. These cops can twist any of his words up for their own benefit.

"I don't think I should be talking without my lawyer present." Chris grinned sarcastically as he clasps his hands together in front of him.

"Sure, Brown, we can get your lawyer here. But I'm sure it's gonna take him at least a day to fly down here and you don't wanna miss another show now do you?" The white officer, Malik, grinned which caused Chris smile to drop.

He couldn't risk missing a show. It was already going on midnight which the busses should be leaving to head towards Dallas, Texas in a hour.

"Of course not, so it'll do us all good if you just cooperate," Officer Westbrook started, causing Chris to nod spitefully. "Where were you four nights ago around 2 a.m?"

"2 a.m?" Chris rubbed his goatee appearing to be deep in thought, "Probably deep in my girl's guts–nah definitely was too deep to pull out. Shit, she just might be pregnant. We don't use condoms anymore." He winks to piss the officers off.

"Do you think this is funny Brown?" Officer Westbrook stressed.

"Honestly, yeah I do. Because I'm out on tour which I'm pretty sure y'all know since y'all steady clocking my every move. Four nights ago I was in Florida so why in the hell would I travel all the way back to California to assault somebody knowing I gotta show in Louisiana the next day?"

"It's been done." Officer Malik mutters with his arms cross, not even buying Chris story.

"Well I got almost twenty witnesses that can vouch for me. Everybody that's on my bus and everybody that works for me."

"You know what? None of that even matters cause the victim claims that you paid someone to do it in attempt to keep her quiet about a rape charge." Westbrook squinted his eyes as Chris stiffens. "Got any clue about that?"

Chris just glared back at them, refusing to utter another word.

"This isn't your first or second strike Brown. You're facing jail time either way–if you touch the girl or not.  So you better start talking."

Meanwhile Genesis tried her best to remain calm in the lobby of the police station. No one would answer her questions regarding Chris' whereabouts and only kept offering her the same thing–a seat and water.

"This is taking too long." She spat while rolling her eyes due to her impatience.

" She spat while rolling her eyes due to her impatience