Chapter 19: Past

LOOOK HOW CUTE THIS PHOTO IS 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭. They NEED and HAVE to be together for my health please 😂.

Genesis,

"Thanks." I smiled at Jodi as she reveals my phone, showing the picture she took.

"You look cute, take one with me!" EJ shouted over the music as we snapped about a hundred more pictures.

The party ended up being in a private rooftop section of the club. It was as if the entire city knew of Usher's event, since press were snapping pictures both inside and out. EJ was quick enough to find us a ducked off section to sit with couches and tables that me, Jodi and Monica occupied.

Since the second we walked in Chris was swooped away by many of his label friends. So I decided to let him do his thing. I would hate to be the clingy girlfriend that stood at hand and foot. But I definitely wanted to keep an eye out for him and the number of drinks he consumed.

"Do you see Chris?" I questioned into Jodi's ear while searching the club. The lights were dimly lit with either purple and navy flashing lights making it difficult with actually seeing anyone faces.

"I just saw him talking with Diddy, I think." She says while tapping her chin. "I don't know, but I'll look as I get another drink. Do you want one?"

I nodded as she stood up and straighten out her romper and making her way to the bar. I have to admit, the amount of celebrities in this room alone had me feeling like a straight outcast. I could've sworn Chris and I passed up Jay-Z on the way in, and I just know if I see Beyoncé I'll lose it.

"I thought I saw you over here being antisocial," The seat next to me dipped in as Nathan placed his drink down on the table.

"What you mean being antisocial? Including you I may know like five people here." I chuckled. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought this was private."

Nathan raised his eyebrow. "Damn you tryna say I'm too lame to be here now?"

I laugh as he placed his hand over his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"That's not what I said. I meant how did you get invited or get inside?" I joked as Nathan shook his head and stood up causing me to pull on his arm. "Okay, okay. Maybe that's what I meant." I chuckled.

"I told you I got connections woman." He pops his collar which causes me to laugh hysterically.

The couch nexts to me then dips again and I assumed it was Jodi back with our drinks.