Chapter 25: The Weekend

Part 1 of 2.

Genesis,

The week of me staying in Henderson actually flew by. Mainly because it was almost torcher for me. I had missed Chris and so desperately wanted to talk about the next step in our relationship but fought against it. Just so I won't piss Logan or Serenity off. Other than that I've been Serenity's support system.

She has what is known as Chronic Leukemia which is a slowest stage. Her doctors have been giving her both Chemotherapy and Biologic therapy to prevent the possible need for surgery. Her doctor explained to me and her family that she may have to have her spleen removed if it keeps producing cancer cells that'll be worst for her in the long run. It was our last resort though. We even agreed to keep it from Serenity just to keep her stress level low.

It is now Friday and the city of LA is booming with celebrities coming in from everywhere for the awards show tomorrow. I had promised Serenity that if she gotten better after her appointment, I'll take her to the awards with me as my plus one. Chris had already mentioned to me that he'll barely be in his seat. So instead of being alone most of the night I'll atleast have my best friend.

"Why are you being so extra?" I snickered as Serenity pushed her shades down and glared at me.

"What do you mean? Bitch I know that was Safaree which means Nicki ain't too far away."

We were outside the dance studio were Chris team was rehearsing and she was too busy trying to stalk people outside. Laughing to myself I pulled her along and into the room Chris told me about. We just landed not even a hour ago and I was hoping to surprise him.

When we entered the room we stood to the back as they were in the middle of dancing to Look At Me Now. Once they finished it was like a roar of cheering came from the dancers as they clapped.

"Let's fucking go! AHH!" Chris scream as he started pulling at his shirt.

Sure enough his shirt ripped and everyone laughs as he tossed the now piece of cloth like it was nothing

Sure enough his shirt ripped and everyone laughs as he tossed the now piece of cloth like it was nothing. He turned to approach his water when his eyes fell on me and Serenity. Instantly his face lit up as he skipped his way to me.

"I didn't think you were gonna land for another hour." I giggled as he picked me up by my torso and spun me around.

"I wanted to get a sneak peek."

I smiled as he grinned cheekily before placing me on my feet, cupping my chin and kissing me passionately. I swear this had to feel like the best feeling in the world. Knowing that he loves me too was just a plus that gave me butterflies.

"Okay enough with the cuteness." Serenity chimes in. "Hey to you too, Chris."

Chris chuckled as Serenity pulled him into a friendly embrace. "How you doin'? You look good, that's a good sign."