Chapter 2: Drunken

Genesis,

I frowned as I watch Serenity throw herself back onto her bed. It was going on 9 o'clock at night and we had just freshened up from the pool party.

"I'm drunk as a skunk. 'Ion think I should go."

I scrunch my face up out of irritation, "Is that even a real metaphor?"

Logan was ditching because she had medical school in the morning and now Serenity was ditching because she can't hold her alcohol. I hate going somewhere on my own but it seems like I have no other choice considering TJ was already on his way.

I huffed as I flopped down on the edge of Serenity's bed. I didn't want to go out alone tonight because I have no idea what to expect. Besides from today, I never hung out with TJ's friends and I didn't want to be the odd one out.

"At least you look cute though." Serenity added as she laid onto her pillow. "I saw the way you was eyeing Mr. Take You Down."

I scoff. "What? Girl go to sleep, you're drunk."

"Yeah, which means I ain't lying."

I waved her off as my phone went off with a text from TJ. I bit my lip seeing as he informed me that he was pulling up. I had changed from my bikini and shorts to a burgundy pencil skirt and a black spaghetti strap crop with a leather jacket and pumps as finishing touches.

"I'll call you later. Make sure you drink more water, Serene, I'm serious too." I warned. Instead of replying she rolls over to her side turning her back to me.

I left out of her grandparents house and approached TJ's Mercedes G Wagon. TJ had the windows down and once he notice me walking out he turned his music down.

"Where the rest of your crew?" He questioned as he reached over and popped the door open for me, I pursed my lips.

"They ditched me. Where we going anyway?" I questioned as I slid on my seat belt.

"We hitting up this club off the strip first then maybe the penthouse suite afterwards."

"Don't have me running around with y'all all night." I pointed out causing TJ to chuckle.

"Relax. I'll get you home at a decent hour, Ms. Thompson."

I smiled as my eyes fell down to my hands cupped in my lap. An awkward silence had came over us and this is usually where Serenity or Logan would butt in. I took a glance around his car realizing that it was just us two and we have nothing to talk about.

"So are all your friends already at the club or somethin'?" I asks as we stopped at a stop light.

TJ shook his head, "Nah I doubt it. Because before I left they were meeting up with Shad to get on his tour bus."

"Shad?"

"Aka Bow Wow." He grinned before turning his music up again.

I furrowed my eyebrows considering as we were just in a conversation before he reached for the radio. But before I could confront him, I notice it was his voice rapping. He was trying to get me to listen to his new music.

"This is nice, you released this?" I asks while nodding my head to the music. TJ smirks.

"Nah, not yet atleast. I just keep all my music on my phone incase I do decide to put it out there." He shrugs as he pulls over to the side of the road behind a bus. I raised my eyebrow since this was a no parking zone as he cut his car off. "C'mon they just pulled up."

Once we were out of the car, TJ reached for my hands and let me towards the bus that was crowded by a couple of muscular men. The closer we got the more I notice a few of TJ's friends walking out. Chris was one of them as he appeared in new attire while he talked to whomever was next to him.