Chapter 13: Twitter Fingers

Omniscient,

Genesis laughs teasingly as her family and best friend help her load her car with luggage. Genesis is originally supposed to leave for California tomorrow to meet with Chris before the flight to New York. Being as it was a four hour drive, Genesis decided to drive down this evening and surprise Chris tonight. She was just approved from her job to have the next two weeks off since she fed them the excuse of her grandfathers death, whom passed eight years ago, taking a toll on her.

"Bring me something good back. A mink sounds reasonable." Serenity shrugs as she leaned against Genesis' car.

"Yeah, not happening," Genesis snickers as she toss her bag full of snacks in the passenger seat. Since the sun was going down, she was making sure she had everything she needs to prevent any stops. She watches SVU way too much to stop anywhere at night while traveling.

"I'm just glad this girl is finally going. She's been rambling on about Chris all day," Logan huffs.

Though both Logan and Serenity were happy for Genesis new and improving relationship, they were growing quite bored from it. Before they could talk about any and everything but now it seems as if Genesis only wants to talk about Chris. Since they love her, they put up with it but couldn't wait for a break.

Genesis blushes at Logan's statement. It's only been a week and a half since Chris went back to LA and she misses being around him. They talk everyday, but the phone couldn't fill the need of his touch and familiar scent that she recently became addicted to.

"Well don't worry, you won't hear from me for a while once I'm there." Genesis smiles cheekily as they both shook their head.

"Genesis, it's getting late and you still need to go and fill up." Her mom called out from the front door as her parents stood in the foyer.

"I still don't like you going by yourself. Chris couldn't send a driver for you or something?" Her dad frowns as she pursed her lips, she sees her father as being overprotective. Little does he know she has done the drive before.

"I'll be fine. I'll text you when I get there!" She chirps as she jogs over to the driver seat.

She honked her horn and began to depart as her family waved her off. Genesis couldn't help but turn on her radio and blast music to keep her hype for the entire drive.

Meanwhile Chris sat in the office of his record label having one of his days. It started with them notifying him that he couldn't release his newest single, Deuces, music video because of other artists in the industry. By other artist, Chris knew they meant Rihanna since her latest album, Loud, was still sky rocketing on the charts.

"Man fuck all that. Am I gonna be able to release the video or not?" He growled at his team that sat across from him.

"Listen Chris, we aren't saying you can't release the video. We're just saying with everything going on and Rihanna just releasing another single it would be bad timing."

"I don't give a fuck about all that! I'm tired of sitting back and watching other people move while I gotta wait on goddamn timing. How about y'all do what y'all gotta do to make sure my album can come out on time and I do the rest." He snarled as he stood up from his seat. "Fuck am I paying y'all for?"

Not only did he feel like his label was giving him bullshit excuses, he felt triggered. Triggered because he felt as if the minute he tries to move on his past comes back and throws something in his face. Yes, Rihanna's album is nice but it wasn't anything like what he had cooking.

Out of his temper, Chris storms out of Jive Record's office with Keeis following quickly behind him. They didn't speak a word to one another as they walked outside to his Porsche. It was obvious to Keeis that Chris was upset with whatever happened in the office, now he was only trying to figure out how he could bring up what's going on with Twitter.