Chapter 26: The Awards

Okay the sound is like fucked with this video but it's like the only decent one I could find with the whole performance. I will add another view later on though.

Genesis,

Butterflies. I could hardly feel my legs with all the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach. Luckily as we took the red carpet, Chris kept his arm around my waist practically being my support so I wouldn't fall. As we stood in front of the BET Awards '11 back drop, Chris bent down and kissed my cheek in a reassuring gesture.

After the photos on the red carpet, Terrence J called out to Chris to interview him.

"Hold on Roxy, I got my main man Chris with me. The name of the night. How are you doing, Chris?" Terrence asks as he cheesed at Chris like a fan.

Chris laughs at his introduction but his arm never leaves my waist. I glanced over my shoulder to see both Serenity and EJ waiting patiently behind us.

"I'm good man, how are you?"

"I'm well, enjoying this beautiful night. And this gorgeous woman on your arm must be the famous Genesis." My head snapped up at my name. "You're looking so beautiful tonight, how are you feeling?"

I blush as he shoved the mic in my face. "You're so sweet, thank you. I'm good."

"You excited to see your man perform tonight?"

"Oh most definitely. He wouldn't let me take a look at what he's cooking up so I'm extremely excited." I tease as Chris chuckled. Somehow it just felt natural for me to talk in front of the camera with Chris by my side.

"Oh so it has to be good!" Terrence gassed. "Chris, man, how you feeling about all six of your nominations? Including Look At Me Now nominated for Viewers Choice."

"I'm feeling really blessed. It's been a long journey for me and I hope people appreciate the hard work I put into each and every song on FAME."

"Fasho, fasho. I must say FAME gotta be the hottest album out right now. I mean between all the hits you stayed number 1 on 106 & Park. It's really a dope record."

Chris smiles. "Thank you, man."

"Alright, y'all enjoy your night. Chris I look forward to seeing you perform." Terrence closed out the interview before the camera cut off.

They shared a brief hug before Chris took my hand and led me into the building. When we got inside the floor seating had postings with who seat where. Chris and I seat was right in the front row between Nelly and DJ Khaled, then Serenity, EJ, his mom and aunt sat behind us.

"I'll be back," Chris says once we were seated. I nodded as he pecked my lips before walking off backstage.

"Who would of thought us of all people would be here." Serenity gushed as she took Chris place.

I laugh. "I know I just wish Logan was here with us." I frown suddenly feeling guilty for not having her around. Despite the fact that she has been busy with work, I'm used to it being the three of us.

We had about thirty minutes before the show starts and Serenity and I did what we do best, people watch. With occasional snapping of photos as big names conversed with one another. I was so caught up in laughing at Serenity when someone cleared their throat.

"Excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting," A tall figure approached us. A bald, brown skin man in a suit stood with his hands clasp in front of him. "My name is Roger Jackson and I work with iHeart Radio quarters here in LA. I notice you outside with Terrence and really liked your personality. Have you heard of our podcast?"