Chapter 42: Holiday

Genesis,

My timer went off as I quickly slipped on my mittens and rushed to the oven to take out my two sweet potato pies

My timer went off as I quickly slipped on my mittens and rushed to the oven to take out my two sweet potato pies. This is one of my mom's best recipes–being as everyone in my family loves it when she bake her pies for any occasion. Once I graduated high school she started teaching me how to back them and every holiday afterwards we would bake them together. It sadden me because this would be me and Giana's first Thanksgiving without our parents.

I didn't dwell on the fact too much since they are the ones that cut us off. But I really wanted to make these pies for Giana to atleast have something similar to home. Logan and her girlfriend has offered to spend Thanksgiving with us—which I'm thankful for—but other than that it'll be alot of Chris' family and friends that she wasn't too familiar with. I just didn't want to overwhelm her too much and I figured these pies would be the next best thing.

"Not bad." I grinned satisfied with my work in front of me. I had officially made four sweet potato pies all by myself.

Well, Giana started to help since I didn't start 'till after the concert which was a little past midnight. Chris and everybody else had went out to celebrate the ending of the tour but I decided to come home to get started on my baking. But around two Giana was extremely sleepy and it was evident all over her face. Which I didn't mind sending her to bed because Chris had promised me he'll come home early to help me bake.

I thought it would be a cute little bonding time for us. Nope. Here it is going on four in the morning and I'm finally done and Chris still isn't home. I've sent texts and only called once since I figured if he's out drunk and high there's no point in killing his vibe. He'll just hear what I gotta say when he comes home.

Sighing, I began cleaning the last few of my dishes before going to bed. As the water in the sink ran a beeping from our security system let me know the garage door was being open. Pursing my lips, I purposely put on my mad façade even though I wasn't tripping too much.

I could hear him walking up before his voice broke the silence. "Aw, shit baby I'm sorry. I forgot." This time I spun around to make sure my ears weren't deceiving me.

But just as much as it sounds, Chris stood before me appearing to be completely sober. Oh, so he was blatantly ignoring my texts and missing my call? Okay now I am mad.

"Hm." I pursed my lips before turning my back to him. "The club couldn't have been that popping to have you so busy that you forgot and couldn't even text me?"

"Nah, we did end up leaving the club around two something but we went to the studio." He says placing his phone by the sink next to me as he snaked his arms around my waist. "I was working on something and forgot to check my phone til we left." He says before placing a small kiss on my neck.

I shrug him off. "I guess." I mumbled slowly giving in.

"I'm sorry, forreal. I know you wanted me to help you babe." He says sincerely. "It smells hella good in here though. Can I get a little tas—"