Chapter 4: Don't Mind

Genesis,

Fortunately, a week was definitely enough time for this trip. Throughout this hour and a half flight my mind has been dazing off to what TJ could have planned for the day. He even told me to dress accordingly because after my flight he'll take me to go eat and a tour of LA. I always like to travel comfortably so it was hard enough for me to pull this off in jeans and a crop tee.

The second we landed I removed my phone from airplane mode and texted the girls about my arrival. They have been more excited for this trip then I am.

Destiny's Child 👯‍♀️

Serenity: OMG, have fun! Call us later today to fill us in on everything!!!

Logan: Unless you're getting some dick. Then do your thing sis.

Me: For the last time Lo it is not like that!

Logan: Girl yes it is. He flown you out, that's real.

Serenity: Fr, because not many long distance relationship get this far. Lmao

I rolled my eyes as I loaded off the plane, following everyone else as they lead me to baggage claim. Tj mentioned to me that he'll be waiting out by baggage claim once I texted him about my landing. I'm actually excited to spend my first day in LA with Tj because I know he wouldn't disappoint.

My eyes scanned the area once I reached the baggage belt and I frown when I couldn't spot TJ. Everyone else around were hugged up and meeting with families and loved ones. Instead of becoming discouraged from looking lonely, I pulled out my phone as I plugged my headphones in.

"Excuse me miss," Someone mumbled as they slid their hand over my hip. I snapped my head in the direction as the familiar laugh filled my ears.

"TJ! Boy you had me thinking you were late." I stressed while slapping his bicep.

"Ohh girl these braids fire, who did dem?" He teased pulling on the tip of my braids while his southern accent slipped.

I smiled, "Thanks! Your mom did." I joked while flipping my hair over my shoulders.

Tj pursed his lips. "Here you go with those tired ass mama jokes."

"Shut up, there go my bag. Grab it please!" I point towards my medium size red suitcase.

"Damn, can I get a hug first?" He smiled while holding his long arms out. I snickered and fell into his hold taking in his masculine scent. Tj is so skinny I could wrap my arms around him twice if I wanted to. "We gon' have some fun, G." He smirked while scooping my suitcase.

"We better. I didn't drop everything to come out here for nothing."

"Girl, you was going to come regardless because it was a free ticket. Who you frontin' on?"

"You right." I laughed as he lead me to his car parked across the street. "So where we going first?"

"You hungry?" He questioned as he threw my bag into the trunk. I swear those words always sound like heaven to me no matter who asks.

"I declined the complimentary snacks just for some real food, so take me some place good."

Tj laughs as he started up his car. During the car ride into the city I snapped a couple of pictures. I was amazed how close I've been all along but never visited. LA is really beautiful. All I could hear was Jay-Z and Beyoncé Hollywood playing in my head as I stared out the window.

"You heard me, G?"

"Huh?" My head snapped in TJ direction as he held a goofy grin on his face.

"I said with nothing going on in Henderson you should really consider moving out here," He shrugged causing me to look at him fatuous.