Chapter 18: Blondie

( I notice a few people claim to not like Chris when he went blondie. But WHEW chile, FAME was an era 😛😩)

Genesis,

I watched from the back of the room as Chris, childishly, stuck just his head out the door. I shook my head before his body tensed and he opened the door wider, though his back was my only view.

"Um, she's getting dressed. Are you okay?" I hear him reply catching my full attention.

Stepping from around Chris, I notice Jodi stood on the other side of the door with puffy eyes and a red nose from sniffling. I frowned.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

She bit her lip and shook her head, "Uh, nothing. Sorry to bother you."

She looked hopeful at first and then her eyes fell between me and Chris. With Chris standing awkwardly as if he wasn't sure to walk away or not. She started to walk away before I called out to her.

"Wait, give me like five minutes and we can go talk." I assured. She nodded as I quickly jogged back into the room and grabbed a few casual clothing. Closing the door behind himself Chris went and laid back out on the bed.

"Did you see her eyes? She must've be sniffing that strong ass crack. Probably high as hell." He retort.

I kissed my teeth. "Her eyes were red from crying, stupid." I say while slightly laughing.

"Man, I know that. I was just trying to lighten the mood, I hate when people cry around me."

I watch as Chris shifts uncomfortably on the bed. I could easily tell that Chris was the type to either awkwardly pat your back while you're crying, or holding back his own laughter.

"I wonder if she's upset with Trey?" I mumbled as I slid on my shoes while trying to brush my hair out too. "Maybe they broke up?"

Chris who was now laying on his back with his phone in his face, shrugged. "I doubt it. Trey has been with her for a good long time now."

Time never had any effects on relationships. I've given so many good years to Raheem just for him to turn up to be another woman's baby father. As much as I wish time was a safety net, I know couples that have only been together for four months and are engaged versus a four year couple casually dating.

"Well, we'll see. I'll text you." I mentioned while grabbing my key card along with my cross body bag.

Chris instantly sat up. "Where you goin'?!" He exclaims causing me to mush my eyebrows together.

"Chris you were literally right there when I told Jodi I'll be out in five minutes." I huffed.

"That's not what I'm talking about." He replies as he stood up and pulled me over to him by the loop of my pants. I stared up at him in confusion as he smirks before cupping my chin and he kisses me softly. "Ok, now you can go."

"You're so lame." I playfully shove him as my cheeks start to heat up.

"Bet you won't say it to my face." He threatens.

I rolled my eyes and stepped forward, "You is so lame—" I mock in my ghetto voice as Chris slapped me firmly on my thigh causing me to yelp.

"Say it again."

"See, you playing and it's already been ten minutes." I growl.

Chris held a goofy grin on his face waved me over as I tried keeping my distance, walking closer to the door. When he finally caught on he quickly reached out for me causing me to run out his reach and quickly out the door.