Chapter 4

Rowan:

Monday mornings are the worst. I think pretty much every human being can agree on that. To top off my Monday morning, not only am I dead tired, but it's also my first day at Pacific Valley High School.

Rosie is the only one excited for school. She's eager to meet new people and go to an American school. Rachael stands her ground on staying under the radar. She tells me and Rosie to be smart about who we talk too. She's acting like an overprotective mother and to be honest, it's getting annoying. But I just nod my head and agree with her.

I'm still debating on whether or not to join the soccer team. They already held tryouts, but I'm sure they would let me tryout since I moved here a few days ago.

At 7:30am I grab my bag and yell for my sisters to meet me at the car. I pick out the Audi r8 to drive to school today. It's one of my favorite cars.

"Wow. Rachael, you said you wanted to stay below the radar, but I think you forget that the only cars we own are either sport cars or luxury. I mean, most high schoolers just drive their hand-me down cars from their parents."

"Whatever. I call shot gun!" Rachael says, rolling her eyes. Fun fact, Rachael is also not a morning person.

I hop into the drivers seat and start the engine. I have to set up the GPS to take us to school since I have absolutely no idea how to get there. The drive takes about ten minutes, and before you know it, we're here.

Yellow buses are pulled up at the front, dropping students off, and there's also parents dropping their kids off too. I pull into a parking space and already there are kids gaping at the car. Well, there goes our plan of "blending in." I guess the white Audi stands out amongst the other cars.

Rosie's practically jumping in her seat, looking around as if she's a kid in a candy store. Rachael is the opposite, mumbling about just getting the day over with.

The fact that we're identical triplets doesn't help with the attention. Since we pulled into the parking space, there's been some kids who have stopped to see who drives the luxurious car. 

I hate attention. Rachael basks in the attention. Rosie enjoys attention, but not when she's by herself. After stepping out of the car, Rachael takes her place in the middle, with me and Rosie on her sides. I can immediately feel the whispers amongst the people as they not so subtly point at us.  Just wait till they here our British accents. Then we're really going to stand out.

We make our way to the main office slowly. I'll admit I'm probably going to get lost a few times. "Ah. You three must be the Royal triplets." The woman at the desk says. We all nod. "Great! Okay, who is Rachael?"

Rachael waves her hand. The woman gives Rachael a piece of paper with her schedule. The woman looks at me. "Let me guess, are you Rosie?"

"No. I'm not." I say annoyingly. Why can't people just ask our names, and not guess?

"Hi. I'm Rosie." The woman smiles at Rosie and gives her a schedule. Finally, the woman gives me a glare before passing me my schedule.

***

"What class do you guys have first?" Rosie asks us.

"History." Rachael replies.

I look down at the paper. "Math."

Rosie frowns, then looks at all three schedules. "Oh look! We all have English and lunch together."

"That's great! I think I'm gonna head off to class. I'll see you guys later." I call out, already walking away. Okay, so I'm not exactly going to class. I still have about ten minutes. I'm actually heading towards the gym to find out about joining the soccer team.